News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero Soviet Union

I am new to this forum and really enjoying it. I have a HSU star numbered 688 in my collection with no documentation. I had a number of my Soviet items researched some years ago but this one came back as "not researchable". Any ideas or guidance on where I can go with this?

Thanks,

Ron

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ron

Welcome to the forum!

Strange that research came back empty on a gold star... Anyway, a couple of years ago a book with most gold star numbers. Your number, no 688, is Локтионов Андрей Федорович. More on this side:

http://www.geroi.apifarm.ru/doc/6/14/4

I know my limitations and leave translation to online translators or kind collectors who know Russian.

Is your star a small klododka type? Would it be possible to post a pic? So we all can be jealous. I know I am. ;)

A.F. Loktionov

Guest Darrell

Wow, this is great news and my thanks. I finally know who this medal was issued to. Now if I can just get the information translated. I will try to post the pictures today.

Ron

Hi Ron. From an absolutely convoluted Bablefish translation :speechless:

It were borne by 28.11.09 in the village Podkopayevo of Orel region in the family of worker. Russian. Term the AUCP(B) since 1939 finished seven year school. Worked as the crane driver of bridge crane at the plant "sickle and hammer" in Moscow. In RKKA - WORKERS' AND PEASANTS' RED ARMY since 1930. In 1932 it graduated from the 7th Stalingrad voyennouyu school of pilots. It participated in the World War II from June 1941 he was the squadron commander 249- GO of the destructive aviation of polka[y ] of 44-1 destructive air division VVS the 6th army of southwestern Front. The regiment was situated in the stage of formation, aircraft and crew did not have at the beginning of war. During July 1941. 249-1 iap obtained to the armament aircraft I -153 and I -16. To 25.9.41 g. it completed 83 combat reconnaissance missions and destruction of kinetic energy and combat materiel of enemy, after applying to it significant losses. 20.11.41 g. to captain loktionov to Andrey Fedorovich was appropriated the Title of Hero of the Soviet Union. During July 1942. 249-1 iap entered into the composition of 217-1 iad, and from April 1943 it entered into the composition of 229-1 iad. After war the Lieutenant Colonel Loktionov continued service in VVS. Since 1964. - in the reserve. It lived and worked in Kislovodske. 9.06.82 g. it died. Hero of the Soviet Union (20.11.41). It is rewarded with the Order of Lenin, with two Order of the Red Banners, with two Order of the Red Stars, with medals. [ y]Vposledstvii 163-1 guard destructive aviation Feodosiyskiy of Suvorov's order regiment.

Hi Ron. From an absolutely convoluted Bablefish translation :speechless:

It were borne by 28.11.09 in the village Podkopayevo of Orel region in the family of worker. Russian. Term the AUCP(B) since 1939 finished seven year school. Worked as the crane driver of bridge crane at the plant "sickle and hammer" in Moscow. In RKKA - WORKERS' AND PEASANTS' RED ARMY since 1930. In 1932 it graduated from the 7th Stalingrad voyennouyu school of pilots. It participated in the World War II from June 1941 he was the squadron commander 249- GO of the destructive aviation of polka[y ] of 44-1 destructive air division VVS the 6th army of southwestern Front. The regiment was situated in the stage of formation, aircraft and crew did not have at the beginning of war. During July 1941. 249-1 iap obtained to the armament aircraft I -153 and I -16. To 25.9.41 g. it completed 83 combat reconnaissance missions and destruction of kinetic energy and combat materiel of enemy, after applying to it significant losses. 20.11.41 g. to captain loktionov to Andrey Fedorovich was appropriated the Title of Hero of the Soviet Union. During July 1942. 249-1 iap entered into the composition of 217-1 iad, and from April 1943 it entered into the composition of 229-1 iad. After war the Lieutenant Colonel Loktionov continued service in VVS. Since 1964. - in the reserve. It lived and worked in Kislovodske. 9.06.82 g. it died. Hero of the Soviet Union (20.11.41). It is rewarded with the Order of Lenin, with two Order of the Red Banners, with two Order of the Red Stars, with medals. [ y]Vposledstvii 163-1 guard destructive aviation Feodosiyskiy of Suvorov's order regiment.

Darrell, thank you so very much. This is a very exciting.

Ron