News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Moscow Sculpture Park

While in Moscow, I had a look around the sculpture park out side the new Tretyakovs gallery opposite Park Kultury, in part of the park are statues of Soviet leaders some have been vandalised and put back together :(

First up is Stalin missing his nose (Obviously reading too much Gogol :D )

Order of Victory

Hi Order of Victory,

Very nice pics!! :jumping::jumping:

I have many also to post. One is missing, one of the most famous ones, the one of Felix Dzerzhinsky that stood in the middle of the Lubianka Square.

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

Hi Order of Victory,

Very nice pics!! :jumping::jumping:

I have many also to post. One is missing, one of the most famous ones, the one of Felix Dzerzhinsky that stood in the middle of the Lubianka Square.

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

I know my oic of that one did not come out to well, but thnks the addition :cheers:

Order of Victory

• 2 weeks later...

You mean this one :unsure:

Order of Victory

And you know, that this sculptor did this monument for a gift in the USA. It is Columbus .The man it is dressed in the Spanish suit And the ship not Russian . After refusal of the American authorities to accept a gift of mister Tsereteli Columbus has turned to Peter Great.

And you know, that this sculptor did this monument for a gift in the USA. It is Columbus .The man it is dressed in the Spanish suit And the ship not Russian . After refusal of the American authorities to accept a gift of mister Tsereteli Columbus has turned to Peter Great.

Very intresting Sergy I did not know that :o

Order of Victory

I was in that park in 2003. At that time there wasn't a lot of sculptures to see. Entrance was free at that time. I was in Moscow last year and they have arranged a small counter with entrance fees, so I decided not to go to the park. I noticed in your pictures that some new statues have been put in that park. Is it possible or my memory is not so good?