News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Now here?s one that you don?t see everyday ......

• Replies 145
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, finally, the tunic of Prinz Maximilian von Baden as Generalleutnant ? la Suite of 1. Leib Dragoner Regt. Nr. 20. Max von Baden was the last Chancellor of Imperial Germany. He had a hand in forcing Wilhelm II?s resignation, by announcing the emperor?s abdiction, without Wilhelm II?sprior consent. See:

http://www.firstworldwar.com/bio/maxvonbaden.htm

http://www.firstworldwar.com/source/...axvonbaden.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Maximilian_of_Baden

for further info. If anyone has a pic showing Prinz Max in this particular tunic, I would like to see it (and if they care to sell it, I?ll be interested).

Regards,

Sandro

Sandro, those are some of the nicest Pickelhauben I've ever seen, congratulations. And the Prinz Max von Baden tunic, unbelievable historical piece.

Many thanks, Vince. Yes, the pickelhauben are in great condition. The Max von Baden tunic came out of the collection of one of hte German museums, and has been in various collections since the 1980?s. Thanks to a good collectorfriend of mine, I have been able to trace its line back to 1987 or thereabouts. It still has one of the museum inventory tags.

Regards,

Sandro

This is the most outstanding collection!!!!!!!! :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: If had seen only the photos, with no comments, I would bet my whole own collection, that it is the inventory of some of the biggest German museums, not a private collection :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

This is the most outstanding collection!!!!!!!! :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: If had seen only the photos, with no comments, I would bet my whole own collection, that it is the inventory of some of the biggest German museums, not a private collection :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

Entirely my pleasure, Theodor. I?m glad you enjoy it.

Regards,

Sandro

:jumping: That has to be the finest personal collection of Imperial uniforms that I have ever seen!!! :jumping: It is just AMAZING!!! There are museums that would be jealous :cheeky:

:beer: Doc

Thank you, Doc. Boy, I?m really happy that so many members enjoy these items.

Regards,

Sandro

• 7 months later...