News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

hungarian medal bar

unfortunatly - the medal bars from this period were easily made by hand - its just a bar with a pin back and the trifold ribbons and medals are hung off of that. Sometimes owners would sew the ribbons together, but not always - so even though I have some bars, and I believe them to be period original - there is no way to be 100% sure. This one is suspected to be an original - but the medals are out of order - the last one should be the first one...

Sorry to hear this, that these bars are such a paradise for the fakers.

:(:violent:

too true-

but the good news is that there are less than 100 people in the Western World who (try) to collect them. :cheers:

Truly they are easy to fake - but there are not many out there for sale either. I have passed on some just simply because it was too improbable, or it was such a blatant attempt to make one up. The ones that I have found and purchased are rather - ho-hum, and so therefore I feel that they are a little more 'believable' in regards to originality. But still - its not a major part of my collection parameters.

Truly they are easy to fake - but there are not many out there for sale either. I have passed on some just simply because it was too improbable, or it was such a blatant attempt to make one up. The ones that I have found and purchased are rather - ho-hum, and so therefore I feel that they are a little more 'believable' in regards to originality. But still - its not a major part of my collection parameters.

thanks for your input gentlemen... I'd be happy to find a seller for such a bar!

seb16trs,

Sorry that I can not help you out in this area as I need to buy some for myself before having some for sale to others! I'll be away from Budapest for the next month on holidays so can not look for one for you either. Perhaps Charles or I can help in the fall when things get back to something resembling normal. Do you just want a representatioal bar or would you want one for a specific service? IE army, air force, flotilla, police, munkasor, finance guards etc?

Regards,

Gordon

seb16trs,

Sorry that I can not help you out in this area as I need to buy some for myself before having some for sale to others! I'll be away from Budapest for the next month on holidays so can not look for one for you either. Perhaps Charles or I can help in the fall when things get back to something resembling normal. Do you just want a representatioal bar or would you want one for a specific service? IE army, air force, flotilla, police, munkasor, finance guards etc?

Regards,

Gordon

hello,

thanks a lot for your help Gordon!

I just need the "bare bar" in order to medals together... I just want a representative bar for a general-major of the eighties,so it wouldn't need a huge amount of decorations.