News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well, after postal delays and being sick with the flu, here is the ribbon bar I picked up and posted here a couple of weeks ago. Rick was able to identify the owner, so I'll leave that honour to him!

cheers

Jason

Guest Rick Research

1914 Navy Rank List shows these:

But thanks to awards gazetted in the brief interlude between the Rank List Publication and outbreak of the war, he ended up with THIS ribbon bar as of the day the war started:

so here's us, half a planet apart, and two rows of ribbons to the same Admiral, obtained decades apart. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Reichsmarine Ranglisten did not show peacetime awards from foreign countries. Albrecht aslo seems to have stopped wearing these enamelled courtesy vist gongs as well-- though I'm sure the Italian Crown Order went back on after the original Axis of Evil was formed. :rolleyes:

1931 Navy rank List:

After the edition of 1932, awards were dropped from the seniroity section. :(

Guest Rick Research

What

IF

wicked, geriatric old Nazi-butt-kisser Erich Raeder had NOT stayed on and on and on and on past retirement age?

Albrecht would have been Commander-in-Chief of the German navy.

Would irreplaceable resources have been wasted on useless antiquated prestige battleships and never completed air craft carriers? Would submarines have gotten the materiel they needed?

What IF it had not been Raeder who purged his rival Albrecht at the end of 1939-- but the other way around? Could D?nitz have swept up through all the intervening ranks...

or would WW2 have turned out very differently if Erich Raeder had not been calling the vicious personal shots until it was far too late? :rolleyes:

From the 1963 Marine-Offiziere-Hilfe e. V. directory:

BTW, how many Generalfeldmarschall/Generaloberst (or equivalent) bars have we got on this forum? There is Rick with one part of a D?nitz bar, and someone's got GenOb Otto Dessloch's medal bar. Any others?

Guest Rick Research

Yup-- and I ID'd that one too for the lucky buyer.

I am THE Common Denominator. My merchandising department has yet to develop global marketing plans, however. :catjava:

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning gentlemen.... sorry for answering some threads a bit late, but the spanish sun was too good to leave earlyer... :rolleyes:

So, very nice ribbon bar of Conrad Albrecht..............would you be very surprised if I show you MY ribbon bar of Conrad Albrecht...???!!! :rolleyes::):P - sew up!!!

greetings

Heiko

• 6 years later...

I have just come across this old thread and the combination of awards shown in these ribbon bars looked familiar to me.

I have no idea who owned this medal bar but it is NOT the Generaladmiral's, given that there are Turkish awards present, but the combination of German awards is identical and I thought I would post it here to give an idea of what Albrecht's medal bar may look like!

Best wishes

Matt

Guest Rick Research

That's interesting! No one immediately comes up, though it seems to suggest navy. If it's yours, what color is the backing material on the bar?

If not... well if whoever does own it turns up, maybe by then we'll have figured out who it was worn by.