News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this, something that I have had for a very long time, it has survived a couple

of purges when I have tried to get out of collecting, however it was given to me by a friend at the time who had been

a youth in the HJ, and had migrated to Australia after the war, his dad was a Panzer driver and had also survived the war,

but this envelope was in amongst some family bits and pieces and as he didn't want it any more he passed it on to me,

anyway here is the front of the envelope, it was posted on the 30th July 1941 from Orailsheim to the family of Hans

Fadanelli in Vienna, the unit stamp on the lower left side reads:

3./A./Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regt. 43

I can't make out the lower portion of the stamp, maybe a place name or unit, beats me, anyway here is the front of the

envelope....

And the reverse, showing Flieger Fadanelli's unit details, and what I think makes this envelope interesting,

is the gilt stick on Luftwaffe eagle that has been applied to the back of the envelope. The contents of this

letter are now long gone, but it is an interesting envelope, many years ago I stuck the flap down again so

the eagle didn't get damaged, perhaps now on reflection that was a bit silly, but it has survived despite me,

so here is the reverse of it...

Thanks George, Bob Iqbal had a couple listed too.

Gene, thank you, no wonderI coudn't find the place, now it shows up!

Crailsheim is a town in the German state of Baden-W?rttemberg, 32 km east of Schw?bisch Hall, 40 southwest of Ansbach in the Schw?bisch Hall district.

There are two Evangelical churches and a Roman Catholic church, and a handsome town hall, with a tower 67 m high.

Crailsheim was incorporated as a town in 1338, successfully withstood a siege by the forces of several Swabian imperial cities (1379-1380), a feat which is annually celebrated. Later it passed into the possession of the Burgrave of Nuremberg, came in 1791 to Prussia, in 1806 to Bavaria and 1810 to W?rttemberg.

Major employer in the Crailsheim area are

The following places belong to Crailsheim: Ingersheim with Altenm?nster and Rodm?hle, Tiefenbach, Onolzheim, Ro?feld, Jagstheim, Westgartshausen, Goldbach, Triensbach and Beuerlbach.

Neighboring places are: Satteldorf, Kre?berg, Fichtenau, Stimpfach, Frankenhardt, Vellberg, Ilshofen and Kirchberg an der Jagst.

Bob

How did we survive without the internet, this is from Michael Holm's site...

Bob

Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 43

Kommandeure:

• Oberst Hans Poetsch, 1.4.39 - 5.10.39
    • Obstlt Albert Schlack, 7.10.39 - ?
    Formed 1.4.39 in Crailsheim from
    with:

II. Ausbildungs-Bataillon was formed in 1940, while the Schule/FAR.43 left the regiment 1.10.41, and became

Moved to Wien-Stammersdorf (10.39) and Crailsheim (9.40).

On 16.8.42 redesignated Flieger-Regiment 43.

In 10.42 redesignated
    (?).

Organisation:

1939/40: Stab, I. (1-5), 6., 7., Schule

1941/42: Stab, I. (1-5), 7., II. (8-12)