News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial EK1 MM 26

andy

Hi Andy,

Have you examined the edges of this one very carefully? I don't have a problem with the core or the frames or the hardware, but I find it unusual that a TR replacement (private purchase) example would be marked with a Prasidialkanzlei (TR award piece) number. Maybe it's only a production error, but unusual combinations should be looked at carefully.

Regards

Mike

Hi Andy,

Have you examined the edges of this one very carefully? I don't have a problem with the core or the frames or the hardware, but I find it unusual that a TR replacement (private purchase) example would be marked with a Prasidialkanzlei (TR award piece) number. Maybe it's only a production error, but unusual combinations should be looked at carefully.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

Frame looks good. I do not think this has been mesed with. See this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3691&hl=mayer

regards

andy

Hi,

Thanks for the link Andy. Interesting reading! I don't recall seeing any other non-LdO marked TR period 1914 EK1s. Must have been a Mayer quirk.

Of further interest (for me anyway) is that I can not match this TR Mayer core with any other 1914 EK1 cores, TR or otherwise. Looks like I'll have to find one of these for myself to study!

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Thanks for the link Andy. Interesting reading! I don't recall seeing any other non-LdO marked TR period 1914 EK1s. Must have been a Mayer quirk.

Of further interest (for me anyway) is that I can not match this TR Mayer core with any other 1914 EK1 cores, TR or otherwise. Looks like I'll have to find one of these for myself to study!

Regards

Mike

If you find two, then let me know.

Edited by ekhunter

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet cross Bill, or as Mr. Havercamp might say, "That's a peach". These so-called hybirds or transitional crosses have a very unique place/niche' in the collecting community. I know that Bill has been a fan of these for some time now, and I have to admit, the more I see of these type crosses, the more fascinated I am with them. I'm fortunate and lucky enough to have one of these that is a Deumer marked ekI cross. I can see someone collecting only these, and with time, luck, and money, could put together quite an interesting collection from several makers, coming in both marked, and unmarked versions, and both pinback and screwback versions of these little beauties. In this thread alone, I've seen two that I would be very happy to have in my collection.

Edited by ekhunter