News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

attention glider pilots badge stolen today

Hello dear forumites,

Today a friend glider pilot did phone me with teh sad news that he has been robbed of his original glider pilots badge.

The glider pilots badge was a Buntmetal C.E.Juncker piece - Type 1.1.A and does have the makers mark on the reverse. The badge is quite cleaned (by the veteran) but it can be very easely recognized by a pit on the lowest arm of the Swastika.

The person who did take the badge did get contact with the veteran in the last 3 weeks and did win the veterans trust and asked to photgraph the badge. He then changed the original badge towards a dummy and did leave. The veteran did just discover this and now offcoarse wants to file a complaint.

The sad thing is that the thief did use a fakename IMHO, namely Schwarz but he was well awear of the glide rpilots histiry, otehr veterans, etc ......

He is a German native from the area arround Stuttgart (he has a accent from that area) and arround 50 - 55 years old. I think that i even do know who he really is but proof does lack me at this point as a german from that area is currently visiting lots of veterans and does take their stuff with him to so called "photograph these historical tems' and then never does give them back.

Some of the stolen stuff has surfaced already. So please do not buy this badge iff it is offered towards you !!!

Here is a picture of the item, please note the cleaned state and the pit at the lowesta rm of the swastika. Please do contact me iff this very badge is offered towards you. This should be reported immediatly at the police in order to stop this thief. I do offer a reward for the person who can give me the tip that does point towards the thief.

Cordial greetings,

ps: a better picture will be posted real soon

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Announcement:

This sad case has come towards an end. The glider pilots badge has been traced when it did pop up several months ago and thanks towards a honoust collector and dealer the badge could be recuperated and has now been returend towards the original owner.

It did cost me almost 5 months of hard work but it did pay of => yes my friends, this is a great day. A stolen badge has been returend towards the original owner :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

Guest Rick Research

However I assume that fitting barbaric bodily retribution has not been visited upon the scum who stole it?