News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ostvolk Medal Bar

This is a rather unusual one on a dealers site. Can't recollect seeing one like this before. Is it just me or do the Wehrmacht LS awrds look wierd?

The Bronze grade of the Ostvolk Decoration was NEVER given to German nationals.

'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

Correct. Plus which the way the ribbons are sewn up and the pin attachment are typical of made up medal bars. I wouldn't even say that the medals themselves were original in this particular case, although it may just be the photograph.

Guest Rick Research

Cast fakes, at that. Notice the "bronze" Ostvolk appears to be PAINTED... brown... over the silvery base metal.

Unfortunately for the REAL medal bars using this uncommon flat bottomed ribbons style, this is the all but unviversal LAZY fakers' mass produced style of current choice, since it is so much easier to make than the normal German style with "bow" bottom ribbons.

Interesting trend-- have these butchers used up all the torn to shreds original medal bars they've been Frankensteining to make garbage bars with, and are now reduced to mixing fake medals in on their fake bars?

actually, the more I look at this: I think ALL the medals are cast fakes. Notice the identical curved flaw in the reverse of BOTH Ostv?lker, descending from the middle to the bottom star point, the very odd coloration of the KVK (compare front and back, with the worst color on the protected reverse) etc.

Cast fakes, at that. Notice the "bronze" Ostvolk appears to be PAINTED... brown... over the silvery base metal.

Unfortunately for the REAL medal bars using this uncommon flat bottomed ribbons style, this is the all but unviversal LAZY fakers' mass produced style of current choice, since it is so much easier to make than the normal German style with "bow" bottom ribbons.

Interesting trend-- have these butchers used up all the torn to shreds original medal bars they've been Frankensteining to make garbage bars with, and are now reduced to mixing fake medals in on their fake bars?

actually, the more I look at this: I think ALL the medals are cast fakes. Notice the identical curved flaw in the reverse of BOTH Ostv?lker, descending from the middle to the bottom star point, the very odd coloration of the KVK (compare front and back, with the worst color on the protected reverse) etc.

Hi

I agree.

Regards

Nesredep

• 1 month later...

I understand bars are put together, but did he at least use authentic medals?

I see Austrian Mil Merit cross on one bar, which would be very difficult to fake because of fine enamel work.

William