News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I feel inexpressively dirty asking this question, but here goes . . .

I have recently started getting a few uniforms, weathering both storage problems and spousal abuse. So far, I have several that have clear evidence of the awards won with them. For display purposes, I need "replica" (OK, good quality FAKE) awards to put onto them. Is there any source? Kapral seems to be gone? (Not sure I miss them.)

I hate putting money into these guys' pockets, but . . . ???

Maybe an answer by PM is better?

Dear Ed,

you have a hughe collection of original Soviet awards, so why to you want to use replicas :unsure: ?

The fact is, that a fake will stay a fake (or "replica") and everybody can see, that's not a real item.

If you don't need Uzhis or Suvorovs, I would take a genuine Nevsky, screwback RB, RS, etc.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

I feel inexpressively dirty asking this question, but here goes . . .

I have recently started getting a few uniforms, weathering both storage problems and spousal abuse. So far, I have several that have clear evidence of the awards won with them. For display purposes, I need "replica" (OK, good quality FAKE) awards to put onto them. Is there any source? Kapral seems to be gone? (Not sure I miss them.)

I hate putting money into these guys' pockets, but . . . ???

Maybe an answer by PM is better?

Guest Rick Research

On the sadly infrequent occasions when I get to put a specific uniform out on display, I simply put an "anonymous" Red Star or whatever is appropriate on it for the hours or days when it is displayed.

I don't have the space for a Permanent Exhibit.

Christian -- I get your point. But I have a problem here, most of what I have, groups (mostly in groups) or not in groups, is -- or will be -- researched. These medals therefore demonstrably "belong" to someone else whose uniform this is not. Do I have the right to put THEIR medals on HIS uniform? This may be dumb, but 'tis me being a historian. (I do have some hope of getting one uniform that does match with a group I have, though not Soviet, further south.)

Anatoly -- Thanks! If I wind up getting anything from them, the number will be obliterated and "copy / копия" added to the reverse.

Rick -- If ongoing family diplomacy works out, I may have a partial solution to this problem. Cross fingers.

Christian -- I get your point. But I have a problem here, most of what I have, groups (mostly in groups) or not in groups, is -- or will be -- researched. These medals therefore demonstrably "belong" to someone else whose uniform this is not. Do I have the right to put THEIR medals on HIS uniform? This may be dumb, but 'tis me being a historian. (I do have some hope of getting one uniform that does match with a group I have, though not Soviet, further south.)

Dear Ed,

you are right, from an ethic viewpoint it would be very inapprobriate to use researched orders and medals for decorating a uniform, if it is not the authentic uniform of the original owner of the orders and medals :jumping: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian