News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OYUN PUNTSAGIIN

Bob

Very interesting date, total 18 persons were awarded with Golden Soembo (became Labour Hero) on 1986-04-03, under same decree #78...

OYUN PUNTSAGIIN /born 1935/.Tuv (central) province, Batsumber sum, Herder of Bayantsogt agricultural cooperative.

Worked since 1956 in Batsumber cooperative, since 1970 in Bayantsogt cooperative, was responsible for 22-27 "simmental" cows, produced in average 2646-4018 litr of milk what was 969 l better in compare to state average and 662 l better to compare with Sowietunion average. Her 10 year's milk production plan was executed 123.2 % . State avarga (champion) herder. Member of Parliament, participant of 17th MPRP Conference. Awarded with Suhbaatar and Polar Star order, jubilee medals...

Great - thanks so much! As a Dutchman, am always happy to hear about good milk production achievements:)

I only have the award document and not the actual Soyombo or other awards but great to know the "story" behind the document.

Very interesting date, total 18 persons were awarded with Golden Soembo (became Labour Hero) on 1986-04-03, under same decree #78...

Silly question maybe - but is that info from the book you referred to, or do you have access to other information? If so, would it be possible to expand on that?

I'm getting a copy of the book. It is a BIG book and very interesting. Also promises of full translations of the sections needed. It may get an English edition if rights can be resolved and there is any significant interest (25 copies or so?).

Dear Sirs

It is pleasure to inform all of you that finally i found book and it can be send to anywhere and anywhom.

It will cost 15$ +Postage.

Of course I will need you mail address etc.

Hi UB - PM just sent - I can hardly wait! :jumping:

If ever there's a good motivation to study Mongolian (or at least, get a good dictionary :cheeky: ) this will certainly be it!

I see a GMIC-Mongolia-forum project coming out of this :rolleyes:

Imagine the potential if we could somehow add numbers to all the awardings in the book - it would be the first Mongolian award where we'd potentially have exhaustive documentation on who, what, when, where. Exciting times ahead - the best is yet to come for Mongolia collecting! :beer:

To BOB:

As I understand, It is not a government publication. But anyway editors did great job. As I understand # of documents is actual # in the book, it means if # of docs and # on the medals are same it is ok.

To all other members:

I can also send you photoalbum " Khalkhin Gol, 1939" , by Uslyn Publishing House, Ulaan Baatar, 1989

for another 15$ . (you can find reference on the Igor's site). For me send 2 books is easier than one. I will send books first, after receipt please send money by Moneygram/Western Union.

Regards

Edited by ub6365

To add some interest, it includes complete information about all Hero of MPR, Labour Hero, "People"s badge (ardyn tsol), and "Merit" holders (gavjyat tsol) up to end of 2006. Total ca 300 pages of information, format A4.

+ State prize awardees

BUT it is still in MONGOLIAN!

Interesting, wondering whether this is just a "first installment" of further such books or whether this is it. And if the latter, apparently the somewhat under-appreciated Title of Merit may be considered of much more significance in Mongolia than we thought?

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5056&hl=merit

Looks like Ed is the only one with a documented Title of Merit - would be curious to know the story behind this person - UB, can you share the bio of this person from the book (name is in above link)?

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by Bob