News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marine-Oberstabsarzt Dr. Conrad Bobrik...

1 hour ago, Deutschritter said:

After 13 years you have it ... congratulations! May I ask a question to Ernst Böse? I understand RA3 (St. Annen-Orden), but was does RR mean? And what about BHK? Bayern or Braunschweig? Thank you!

His full list of awards:

-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse 
    -Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
    -China-Denkmünze in Bronze
    -Kaiserlich Russische Rote Kreuz Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Russisch-Japanischen Krieg 1904–1905
    -Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz 
    -Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille II. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille III. Klasse
    -k.u.k. Österreichisches Offiziersehrenzeichen für Verdienste um das Rote Kreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
    -Bremisches Hanseatenkreuz
    -Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern
    -Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

6 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

His full list of awards:

Very interesting! What is the source you found the last both decorations for Böse?

2 hours ago, Komtur said:

Very interesting! What is the source you found the last both decorations for Böse?

I don't have photographic or documentary evidence for the Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern, but Böse served as the Divisionsarzt der I. Marinedivision, Marinekorps Flandern (02.12.1917 - 06.02.1918). This made him eligible to recieve the Flandernkreuz, and I am pretty sure he received it.

Regarding the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. What do you mean a source for this one? Firstly, it can be seen on Böse's? medal bar that you posted in the first post of this thread. Secondly, every veteran of WW1 was eligible for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. Since Böse saw frontline combat, he is no exeption.

6 minutes ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I don't have photographic or documentary evidence for the Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern, but Böse served as the Divisionsarzt der I. Marinedivision, Marinekorps Flandern (02.12.1917 - 06.02.1918). This made him eligible to recieve the Flandernkreuz, and I am pretty sure he received it.

Regarding the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. What do you mean a source for this one? Firstly, it can be seen on Böse's? medal bar that you posted in the first post of this thread. Secondly, every veteran of WW1 was eligible for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. Since Böse saw frontline combat, he is no exeption.

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry, my question wasn´t precise enough - I thought there could be a printed source or a portrait of Böse showing these two decorations.

On 25/09/2021 at 01:29, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

His full list of awards:

-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse 
    -Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
    -China-Denkmünze in Bronze
    -Kaiserlich Russische Rote Kreuz Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Russisch-Japanischen Krieg 1904–1905
    -Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz 
    -Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille II. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille III. Klasse
    -k.u.k. Österreichisches Offiziersehrenzeichen für Verdienste um das Rote Kreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
    -Bremisches Hanseatenkreuz

You might need Admiral von Müller? Many greetings!

A little contribution about the combatant or no combatant classes of decorations and how were attributed . Roughly if you were positioned in the rear of the front but under the range of fire of the Heavy Artilley of the Enemy you were eligible for a combattant cross . In WW2 the Long Range Bomber expanded the limits of the combattant . The famous German Doctor Ferdinad Sauerbruch was Medical General der reserve in the Wehrmacht Heer . He was serving in Paris when he was awarded the Knight Cross with swords of the War Merit Cross . But with swords why? because the Allied Bombers had bombed the Headquarters of the Army Group in which Sauerbruch was Medical Counsellor