News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RB#3 type 4

Gentlemen,

in 1994 I bought this single RB#3 T4 with the s/n. 8.426 - seems to be a long service award to a comrade, who received in the GPW at least one or two "battle"-RBs.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: I paid for the order in 1994 EUR 210,-, which was a bit too much at that time ... :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Herr Zulus - looking at your awards from your "my collection" thread. I'm stunned you haven't gone out to get research for all of these yet! :speechless:

The stories behind them must be very interesting!

Herr Zulus - looking at your awards from your "my collection" thread. I'm stunned you haven't gone out to get research for all of these yet! :speechless:

The stories behind them must be very interesting!

Dear Bob,

you are right ... :blush:

At least the Gnitienko-Glory-group is fully researched and brought some knowledge to our collectors community :D .

At least, the RB#3 above is for 99% a mere long-service-award :rolleyes: . But getting a RB#3 just for years of duty, you must have got - at least - one RB as a true battle-award ;) . So, a full research of the recipient IS very interesting, but costs also some bucks ...

Christian

Yes, these things were awarded 60+ years ago, can we not wait 3+ years for research to come back (OK, we hope not, but ...) and to spend 70% of the money for the HISTORY that we spent for the disembodied THING? Any RB "3", long service or not, must have been awarded to someone with a STORY that wants/needs telling. Please, Christian, we have the simple collective DUTY to see that story told, if at all possible. Start the wheels moving while the wheels can still move, please. The day may come when . . . :(

God, in Her Infinite Wisdom, gave us rice and beans to eat while we were paying and waiting for phaleristic research . . . ? (And families MUST understand this much, right?)

:beer:

Dear Ed,

as usual, you are right :cheers: .

But there are some more interesting - and cheaper to research - items in my collection, which should have priority, I guess.

Christian

Yes, these things were awarded 60+ years ago, can we not wait 3+ years for research to come back (OK, we hope not, but ...) and to spend 70% of the money for the HISTORY that we spent for the disembodied THING? Any RB "3", long service or not, must have been awarded to someone with a STORY that wants/needs telling. Please, Christian, we have the simple collective DUTY to see that story told, if at all possible. Start the wheels moving while the wheels can still move, please. The day may come when . . . :(

God, in Her Infinite Wisdom, gave us rice and beans to eat while we were paying and waiting for phaleristic research . . . ? (And families MUST understand this much, right?)

:beer:

Dear Ed,

as usual, you are right :cheers: .

But there are some more interesting - and cheaper to research - items in my collection, which should have priority, I guess.

Christian

Couldn't you just sell the house instead? :rolleyes:

:cheeky::cheers:

• 5 months later...