News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Quite happy with this one. My first China service ribbon bar. I'm assuming the plain blue ribbon in first place is a Prussian Crown order, given the other Prussian decorations. At first glance, this bar looks like it might have belonged to a medical officer, but what then of the combattant Anhalt in 4th place? Anyone have any thoughts or observations on this one?

Quite happy with this one. My first China service ribbon bar. I'm assuming the plain blue ribbon in first place is a Prussian Crown order, given the other Prussian decorations. At first glance, this bar looks like it might have belonged to a medical officer, but what then of the combattant Anhalt in 4th place? Anyone have any thoughts or observations on this one?

This is a very interesting ribbon bar. I din't remember, did Anhalt have a non combattant ribbon?

Guest Rick Research

That ? peach colored ribbon in 4th place is baffling me. Is it actually YELLOW with red edges (Mecklenburg Griffin Order?) Anhalt's Friedrich Cross was dark green and red or white edged.

No action at all WW1 (Noncombatant Hindenburg Cross) and NO long service suggests to me that this was some sort of civil servant mobilized in an army/navy uniform for the war's duration.

The precedence here is totally messed up, but without knowing exactly what REAL colors that 4th ribbon are, I'll wait for an accurate description.

PS Who did you buy this from? That does matter, nowadays, when so much that is screwy is being made by eCrap sellers out of original parts. I am deeply disturbed by the precedence here.

That ? peach colored ribbon in 4th place is baffling me. Is it actually YELLOW with red edges (Mecklenburg Griffin Order?) Anhalt's Friedrich Cross was dark green and red or white edged.

No action at all WW1 (Noncombatant Hindenburg Cross) and NO long service suggests to me that this was some sort of civil servant mobilized in an army/navy uniform for the war's duration.

The precedence here is totally messed up, but without knowing exactly what REAL colors that 4th ribbon are, I'll wait for an accurate description.

PS Who did you buy this from? That does matter, nowadays, when so much that is screwy is being made by eCrap sellers out of original parts. I am deeply disturbed by the precedence here.

I assumed that it was a faded green, as I've got a Saxon Albrechtsorden that faded to a similar shade of sickly yellow. I'll confirm the actual color once I've got the bar in my grubby little paws.

I bought it from "Mount Antique" (aka cbdx21) on eBay.

Edit: I emailed the seller, and he said it was a uniform silver or gray color on both front and back. He could detect no trace of any other residual color. Will confirm when I get it in hand. Strange...

Edited by landsknechte

Very nice ribbon bar, even if it is for a non combattant. I like the ribbons' south style.

Christophe

We need a thread so that everyone's ribbon bars are posted in the same thread. A ribbon bar gallery showing all real bars posted on this forum would be great to...

Great idea Charles. But we need to see the Rick ribbon bars'article. With this one we can easily know which one if good or which one is a fake. But the problem is the new creators of the ribbon bar are able to read such article and then create new fake which will be so similar to real that it will be impossible to know which is good or not.

Christophe

Great idea Charles. But we need to see the Rick ribbon bars'article. With this one we can easily know which one if good or which one is a fake. But the problem is the new creators of the ribbon bar are able to read such article and then create new fake which will be so similar to real that it will be impossible to know which is good or not.

Christophe

Yeah,

Rick could be the controller. He could either post the bar or he could remove bars deemed bad...

Got the ribbon bar in hand with today's mail. Pryed up the fold in the ribbon with my fingernail, and voila - a very faded Anhalt.

Similar, but less dramatic fading, on all of the ribbons. The backing is actually a very dark Navy blue. If it's a fake, it's a very very old one. Looks to be genuine, IMHO.

Guest Rick Research

That PEACH color was DARK GREEN?

Does it come out looking the same if you scan it as in the seller's scan?

That PEACH color was DARK GREEN?

Does it come out looking the same if you scan it as in the seller's scan?

I can't seem to nail a spot on photograph of it, sitting here in my flourescently lit office with a dinky little point & shoot digital. Ugh. The ribbon in question is a smidge more yellowish than it appears in the photo, but it's pretty close. Depending on where you are on the ribbon, it ranges from a dingy dirty white to white with a hint of pea soup green.

The colors are off, but this photo shows the extent of the fading.

Edited by landsknechte

Guest Rick Research

That's weird. The ONLY time I have seen fading this bad is on the SPRUCE blue/green sometimes found on Hungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal ribbons. I've never encountered a German bar before with dye that went like this.

If the order these were mounted in made any sense at all-- and it doesn't-- I might wonder if that was supposed to be the Bavarian 1910 Agricultutral Jubilee Medal rather than a COMBATANT Anhalt Friedrich Cross from WW1.

I have no doubt at all this is a 1930s bar, but it is so completely scrambled, can't even begin to guess what the wearer/outfitter thought they were doing. The China with NO form of military long service award whatsoever makes me think that had to have been a steel, to some sort of civil servant who found himself in SOME kind of military uniform (Hindenburg Cross) during the war.

Prussian War Effort Cross and Prussian Red Cross Medal 3rd Class are unmistakable. But what's the pale blue ribbon? Crown ORDER, or Crown Order MEDAL?

I can't imagine an "officer" status person with a bar this jumbled after the 1920s. It's weird!

I've got a Saxon Friedrichsorden that faded almost completely to white. A lot lighter than this one, in fact. Now that you mention it, the green does have a vaguely similar hue to it the Hungarian decoration. Not quite as "forest green" as normal.

Could it have been someone's odd take on "Prussian first" precedence?

Edited by landsknechte