News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe tunic collection

• Replies 60
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul -

Here's some shots of some of my older Luftwaffe groupings. Some of the members here have seen a few of these before, but thought I would share them here now. Hope these are of some enjoyment to the membership.

First one is of an Oberstleutnant of flight.

Here's a rare tunic. Luftwaffe Generalmajor tropical. The tropical knee high boots are of the Luftwaffe styling as well with the long leather strap that threads through the protective flap, and exits at the top of the boot to then become latched down at the top.

Paul -

No, the tropical Generalmajor tunic is not, unfortunately, named. There is not even a manufacturer's tag in the collar, nor size stampings, etc. in the lining. The only thing that dates this piece is that on the backs, of the buttons, there is some markings, and a year date of "42".

I only have but one uniform grouping that is named to Oberstleutnant Walter Paul Liebing who was, early in the war, a reconaissance pilot, then, after his unit was disbanded, transferred to a Luftwaffe field division on the Eastern Front, and eventually ended up in a fallschirmjaeger unit. He earned the Knights Cross in February 1945.

Frank

I really enjoyed all of your posts, chaps. Thank you very much for sharing. :cheers:

Regards,

John

Thank you John! I enjoy sharing them. That is about 75% of the fun in collecting for me!

;)

• 11 months later...

Here is my latest tunic... It arrived this morning. This rare beauty comes directly from the George Petersen collection...

This one is the FIRST I have EVER seen.

IPB Image

Here is a close up of the insignia... note the later eagle.

IPB Image

Now notice that the tabs have the early blue/silver piping for the Middle level of the Admin/Wartime offical table.

IPB Image

Here are some of the inside markings.

IPB Image

And another stamp.. the date is 1936.

IPB Image

Thank you all for looking. Any comments and observations are always welcome.

Too funny... I see the tactic... it is very simular to what we did to the Soviets to cause their collapse... Get me to spend all of my money so I am broke and destitute when the good stuff comes out! :cheeky: LOL