News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Soviet Collection

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhh beer.gif We have got to link up at Lowell ONE of these months!

I love that gimnastyorka: finding enlisted ranks uniforms is VASTLY harder than officers, and yours has it all-- WW2 NCO, and wound stripes, which are NOT found as often as they should be.

Now go and list all the serial numbers on the WW2 Orders for us to place them as far as approximate dates...

cheers.gif

And CLOSEUPS of the ENAMEL? love.gif

Great collection, Paul. I wish, i would be that far? beer.gif

Thank you Rick and Gerd for your compliments.

I will have to get better pics and send place the SSNs here. I will try to do so this weekend.

A lot of these awards are part of documented groupings. My favorite is the 20 year Anniversary of the Revolution medal. That one comes complete with the wears award book...which has the photo as well! love.gif

I will have to get down to Lowell some time! I miss seeing you and the other Rick!

Rick, I am still perplexed in regard to the ribbon bar!

Best regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

We jumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif documented groups!

Got a scanner for the 1938 Medal award book?

How about a closer view of the ribbon bar? It appears to be upside down.

Great selection .... got these in that bunch?

Defense of Sevastopol

Defense of Odessa

Liberation of Belgrade

unsure.gif

Darrell. Why yes I do... I can see about taking some close up photos tomorrow!

Thank you all for your kind words. My collecting focus is now German WW2, but I cannot bring myself to get rid of these medals. The Soviets made some beautiful medals an orders.

Best regards

Paul Reck

As per Rick's request is a listing of the orders I have along with the Serial Numbers:

Order of Lenin(with book)

380 204

Order of the October Revolution

63987*

Order of the Red Banner with the Number 2

Order of the Red Banner

374 268**

162 139

Order of the Red Banner Screw Back

68 994

Order of Glory Second Class

19 474

Order of Glory Third Class

130 994

Order of Friendship

58 174*

Order of the Red Star

2 720 733**

329 224**

1 821 919

Red Banner of Labor

426 693

859 917*

Order of Labor Glory Third Class

585 117

Order of Honor

Flat Back 123 474

522 559

1 144 887*

Valor medal

1 811 862

Military merit

1 564 905**

* This group is logged in an awards book ranging between the years of 1973 and 1989. There is no photo in this book. I cannot read cyrilic so that is all of the info I have. The book Serial number is: "3 No 112867"

** This grouping comes with an awards book with a picture of a Major. The only date I see is 01Jul43(?). The book serial number(?) is stamped "No 123725".

The book that accompanies the Order of Lenin has no photo. There is a stamp across where the photo should be. The date of the award is the 20th (I dont know the month 1966. The book serial number is: " E No 076733".

Best regards

Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

We have GOT to link up at Lowell. All Cyrillic questions answered... or post nice big scans.

I neeeeed that Lenin date for the data base!!! The civilian "*" group likewise will have each of the dates entered in that age book. Ricky reads names and dates , if posted. cheers.gif

The Major's group that would be his Red Star 329,224 awarded in June 1943, so privileges started 1 July. His MMM is a 1944 date, possibly for 10+ years long service, other Red Star is a 1946 date and probably 15 years long service, which would match a 20 years long service for his 1950-52 Red Banner. Insignia will reveal what KIND of Major he was and the potential for research joy. If you had a (everybody!!!) Epson 2400 scanner... jumping.gifcheeky.gif

ORB "2" dates 1950/51

Glory 2 = June 1945

Glory 3 = September 1944

Red Star 1,821,919 = 1945

Valor = end of 1944, early 1945

Your passion for Soviet awards really shows! biggrin.gif  beer.gif

Thank you Rick and Bob for your input. I can rescan all of the books as the pics are a lot bigger than the ones I posted. Please PM me your email address and I will send them to you!

Best regards

Paul Reck

Thank you Rick and Bob for your input.  I can rescan all of the books as the pics are a lot bigger than the ones I posted.  Please PM me your email address and I will  send them to you!

Best regards

Paul Reck

PS, I have an HP 2200c for a scanner. I used it for the first time yesterday!!

Is that a good one? LOL

Paul