News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

If you?re looking for mint tabs, look no further. A set of tabs for ?Justizwachtmeister? grade.

I?ve blocked out the dealers name but I?m sure the cloth and uniform guys will know where to find them.

What is the story behind these sets of mint cloth by the maker Thiele & Steinert A.G Berlin? I?ve heard that a hoard was found in the company stores?True?

Dear John,

So you were the guy who purchased these! Congrats! A very nice set of tabs. I had been watching these for quite some time and had contemplated buying them but, obviously, waited too long. At least they are in a good collection/home.

As I understand it a hoard of the T&S house master samples was found some time ago. Most of the "main stream" insignia went into a/some personal collection(s) never to see the light of day, but some of the items made their way to dealer sites. Most of the T&S house master sample insignia you see for sale these days are Navy sleeve rank/ratings, cap insignia, Heer collar tabs, waffenrock litzen etc. A few General officer cockades/wreath sets came on the market a few years ago but that has been about it. I believe Gottlieb has a pair of Navy Chaplain T&S insignia on display in his Gallery section.

Up until recently I did not know the breadth/number of T&S insignia that were originally made. From what I saw on the market I made the assumption that T&S made house master samples for ALL cloth insignia but I was unable to really verifiy this. Recently I was able to see pictures of a collection of house master samples which verfiried my assumption that T&S most likely made samples of almost all insingia.

Where all of the samples are now I do not know, but one thing is certain, each house master sample is unique, since there is only 1 pattern per rank/insignia.

I believe T&S is still in business although they are not involved in cloth insignia.

Please add these to the gallery/data base section. (here are my 2)

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Thanks for the info, Gary. :cheers:

The tabs are still up for sale (I think Paul may be getting his wallet out)? just thought they would be of interest to the cloth guys.

I have, however, ordered one of the other ?T&S? pieces (en route) that I?ll post when it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

My God John, that is the BEST trade badge I have ever seen. Not only is the quality unmatched, but it is the ultra rare early Flak type!! Did you get this one from the same source as the tabs you posted? :jumping:

BTW, I have bought the tabs(both sets) AND a nice set of straps that I will post when they get here!

+1

That is a rare bird!

I saw one of these in very good condition at a flea market a few years ago and didn't know what it was. The seller was convinced it was a Bundeswehr trade badge, so I left it. When I checked my reference material at home and realised what it was, I almost kicked myself.

Needless to say, the seller did not have it a week later. I hope it went to a good home.

Outstanding 1st pattern Flak insignia JTW!! :jumping: What an awesome find, manufacturers tags and all. Marc would go GaaGaa over this beaut. Do you have a photo of one in wear? Something tells me you might....

ERIC