News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship of Peoples

I'm sorry to have to be the disagreeing one here. I have doubts that you did get the real thing, but one of the Baltic fakes instead.

Nick has already outlined some of the main problems: handwriting not what it should be, shape of details, fake patina...

Dear Marc,

as usual, you are right, due to your excellent eyes and your experience :cheers: .

I invested more than half a hour of time in comparing the FoN of "usairforce" to to my own ones, to Igor's one, MONDVOR-website, etc. etc.

I found a few, but striking, points, why the FoN in question might be manufactured in the Baltics:

1) The wreath of hands is completly different, to massive and not so elegant.

2) The distance between the words "Drushba" and "Narodov" is too narrow.

3) The form & location of the "Hammer & Sickle" in the center is different.

4) The green enamel of the laurel wreath is far to flashy and unnatural in colour (should be darker).

5) The red enamel of the basic large star is far too shiny through - it looks as a colour rather "thin".

6) The small shield with "CCCP" is different in form and also location.

7) The "MONTNEY DVOR" at the rv. is different in form and also location.

8) I already mentioned in my first post that strange patina on the revers.

Gentlemen, what do you think about these details of that FoN :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Thank you, every one.

This Fon is my friend last week bought, but i feel this Fon like a fake , so i would like hear the views of Members.

USAirForce,

I think that you have already heard pretty much everything there is to say about this order. Christian ran down a pretty extensive list of additional points of discrepency.

Marc

Dear Dan,

congratulations to your jump over the 3000-benchmark :jumping::cheers: .

I still have to work on it ... :rolleyes:

Many thanks my friend! You'll get there. Just keep plugging away. Trust me... when I started out I never would have imagined! :speechless1: But hey... it's been tons of fun and plenty more to come I'm sure. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

And congratulations, Dan! :beer:

Many thanks Ed! :beer: I'm so glad I finally got over that hump. It's been staring me in the face for months and with my heavy work schedule there's just been little if any time... and then I'm generally exhausted and sleep through my days off. I just got very determined the other night and decided to forge ahead. :jumping:

Dan :cheers: