News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship of Peoples - S/N award & date research

Gentlemen,

I'm gonna be courageous and try for the data on a third order as well as the ORB labour and Order of the badge of honour. But that's it for now. I'll move onto others once I close of this research!!

I'd now also like try to compile some data re award dates and serial numbers of the "Order of Friendship of Peoples".

Could anyone having award booklets or reseach for this order kindly send in the data and possibly scans of the award booklet showing serial number and award date so that I can attempt to compile data.

Thanks for your very kind assistance and I hope that your feedback is good enough to be able to present something of interest at a later date.

Thanks to all for your support.

Jim

(Also please see similar threads for the "Order of the Badge of Honour" and "Order of the Red Banner of Labour" - Thanks)

Cannot make out the serial number on the partially closed booklet. If u would oblige......:cheers:

Thanks. Very interesting actually to see that 32717 is dated 1983 and 43995 which is sequentially after the previous one is dated 1977. Its still too early to say if this order is gonna be one of those tricky ones. More feedback appreciated gents lets try to nail this.

Jim

Thanks Alfred. A very detailed list. Are these all observed by yourself based on award books? Also what are the table colomns. I take it that the first is the order number, the second the award date....and the third colomn? Is that the document issue date perhaps? Thanks for your help and support. Data severely lacking on this order.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

May I permit myself to revive the research threads I had started in the hope that members out there who can still contribute scans and relevant information will help to amass the data on serial numbers/dates of the orders in question. Yet again.....your assisistance is always mostly appreciated.

Jim

• 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Indeed a pity. Same applies to labour medals such as Orders of Labour Glory, Orders of Red Banner Labour and Order of the Badge of Honour. Essentially beautiful awards in themselves they do not at present offer much if any research value. Of course, in the case of groups where military serial numbered medals/orders as well as labour serial numbered orders co-exist one would stand a better chance of getting some info.

But its always good to see these medals with an accompanying booklet. At least it gives a name and date to the order.

Jim :cheers:

Yes, the early labor awards (if you have the document) can often (read "sometimes") be researched, though it is a lot of work digging through newspapers). I have had it done for several items.

I presume the same sort of thing COULD be done for later awards, but the amount of work involved would be mind-boggling.

• 4 months later...

ORder of Friendship are completely unresearchable in the archives or exception is those with low serial number? If so, how low?

I have never heard of a single one, of any number, bring researched. :(

I'd love to find out this is incorrect.