News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reprint of 1924 Reichsheeres RL or 1918 Navy RL

Since this question deals with the tracing of medalbars and ribbon bars and we discuss this in THIS forum I beleive that this topic is of interest to the collectors in this forum. So please do not move this topic.

I have decided to reprint the 1925 Reichsheeres Ranklist and/or the 1918 Navy Ranklist. Both include 1914-1918 awards, but the 1918 Navy RL is much more inclusive. If you trace out medal or ribbon bars both of these ranklists are standard research tools. The 1918 Navy Ranklist is extremely hard to find and very expensive. The 1924 Army Ranklist is easier to find but also rather expensive.

My question to everyone, weather you have either of these books or not, is which ranklist would you rather see reprinted first, the 1918 Navy or 1924 Army? I am interested in all opinions as to which one you would like to see first, so please type on.

Please do not advice me as to copyright as I have investigated this issue with a copyright lawyer in Germany.

I look forward to everyones input.

Edited by Paul C

Guest Rick Research

Both would be valuable, with cost of originals and being able to USE originals major issues.

I've had a xeroxed version of the naval 1918 that I've been pencilling additional information onto since Don Frailey made it for me 30+ years ago--before I ever found my Minty Fresh original.

These are both slender volumes and one thing that I would offer as a thought is to print SINGLE sides of pages, at least in the actual seniority sections where awards are shown. THAT would allow annotations on unused pages rather than scribbles all over the entries--which would thus be spared for nice clean scanning. This would make these not JUST a literal reprint, but something that could be USED (and abused :rolleyes: ) by collectors.

I can't believe this...only 2 views of this post and 1 reply! Going by the number of members that always want to know who a medal bar or ribbon bar belonged to I would have imagined that there would have been a large interest in the books to do this type of research. I don't know if the lack of responces is due to, not many members seeing the post, lack of interest in research or relying on others to do your research.

Guest Rick Research

Odd, since those of us who are human encyclopaedias are not getting any younger, and my brain is already turning mushy, so when we have joined the Great Throng.... :rolleyes:

Paul,

I think there is plenty of interest for both volumes - I certainly would be in line for them but I have already acquired both books as originals. Having had the chance to get your reprints instead would have saved me money.

Regards, Hardy

Hi Paul,

I have in my collection the RL from 1925 till 1932. The RL 1924 is missing. This edition is very imortant because some officers who were in the RL 1925 were missing in the 1925 edition for example the General von Taysen who was the commander of the I.R. Nr. 94 .

I think the reprint of the RL 1924 will be a good idea (but in book edition or in CD ?)

Regards

Christophe

Hi Paul,

I believe both lists are very usefull. I?ve got originals and it was not tooooo difficult to get them by German searching sites for second hand books (1918 Navy about 100 Euro, 1924 Reichsheer about 40 Euro). It may be, that the response to this thread is not so good, because the interested collectors have originals and the other don?t want to spent money for originals or for cheaper copies. May be, it is also the question that one want to have the "real thing". I often use my reprint of the "Ehrenrangliste des ehemaligen Deutschen Heeres von 1914", but I thougt it over to buy an original of that, even if it makes no difference in the content and use...

best regards, Komtur.

Komtur, Thanks for the info and pricing. I have also found the 1918 Navy around 100 euros and the 1924 Army 40-60 euros. I will probable do the 1918 Navy RL first and I think it will be more in demand.

Komtur, Thanks for the info and pricing. I have also found the 1918 Navy around 100 euros and the 1924 Army 40-60 euros. I will probable do the 1918 Navy RL first and I think it will be more in demand.

:jumping:

I would go for the 1918 Navy !!

Great idea :cheers:

Christer