News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisanska Spomenica 1941 Type 2

The eldest decoration of New Yugoslavia is partisan decoration 1941. First drawn created in Jajce by painter Djorde Andrejevic Kun and sculptor Antun Augustinicic. This decoration was created as a very important Order. Partisanska Spomenica 1941 even in 1945 was confirmed as an order. The bearer of this decoration had similiar benefits as bearer of Order of National Hero.

This type replaced the earlier type of this decoration.

With the time order become commemorative decoration with privileges for bearer and his children.

Thank you Bryan,

It was hard to find it, box is more difficult to find as order itself. This Spomenica was made by Brother Knaus in second half 1945, you can see screw is without mint's name.

I'm sure that you will find your cased spomenica, should I see one I send you PM. :cheers:

best regards :cheers:

waldemar

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that you can not see BK hallmark on this particular decoration doesn?t mean anything.

We know that even not all IKOM made order have IKOM hallmarks. On many tombac made orders, especially between 1981 and 1985 there are no hallmarks. The existence or non existence of hallmark on YU orders can have many reasons. Sometimes, we can not find proper explanation yet.

I saw following order:

There is name IKOM on screw. The number on reverse is relatively high in comparison with the order posted earlier but there is BK hallmark ?Brother Knaus?. Now we know that decoration with s/n 8xxx was made by BK. And the answer to the question who was first is simple. BK was nationalized in 1945/46 and merged with other manufacturer into IKOM.

It lead us to the conclusion that if one decoration with s/n 8xxx was made by BK than a decoration with lower s/n 962 could only be made by BK.

:cheers:

It doesn't make sense that "Braca Knaus" were making orders and medals for communists, because they where main mint in Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska/ Independent State of Croatia, and their political opinions were not the same...

I personally think that those are not "Braca Knaus" markings. The best explanation is that it stands for "Vojna Kontrola"... ...you can see it on various items...not only "partizanska spomenica"(You can see that kind of markings on yugoslavian sub-machine gun M 56...? So what? It would mean that Braca Knaus where making gun parts in 1956? :speechless: ).

Edited by Luka

I think that BK hallmarks is Braca Knaus.

In book "Odlikovanja SFRJ" Stojan Rude? speek that factory Braća Knaus produce Orden Bratstva i jedinstva in second half 1945.

Edited by Mister No

Gentlemen,

this decoration has number 11193, has screw with name IKOM Zagreb and hallmark BK.

Who made it?

the answer still the same: this decoration was made in factory which before 1945 was named Braca Knaus and after nationalisation IKOM.

This was one of highest order in Yugoslavia with privileges comparable with those of Order of National Hero.

This order was produced 1945 using existing machines in factory of Braca Knaus with hallmark of BK after nationalisation the new IKOM screw was added or replace old one (shown above).

Take a look: