News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisanska Spomenica 1941 Type 2

It doesn't make sense that "Braca Knaus" were making orders and medals for communists, because they where main mint in Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska/ Independent State of Croatia, and their political opinions were not the same...

I personally think that those are not "Braca Knaus" markings. The best explanation is that it stands for "Vojna Kontrola"... ...you can see it on various items...not only "partizanska spomenica"(You can see that kind of markings on yugoslavian sub-machine gun M 56...? So what? It would mean that Braca Knaus where making gun parts in 1956? :speechless: ).

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

Braca Knaus were making orders before WWII (and before so called "Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska/ Independent State of Croatia") and also after it.

Vojna Kontrola does not exists.

Edited by SasaYU

Braca Knaus were making orders before WWII (and before so called "Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska/ Independent State of Croatia") and also after it.

Vojna Kontrola does not exists.

No kidding? Yes Sasa, I know that they were making orders before WWII and during Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska.

You say Vojna Kontrola does not exist? Then what are the markings BK on the sub machine guns made in so called Yugoslavia during 1956 and later? I don't understand why the same markings would be used on guns and orders???? Please explain.

Edited by Luka

• 4 months later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

about the markings on awards - I'm not sure about guns, and I never heard about any official control organisation regarding decorations (again, guns may be a different story)

on Spomenica's, you'll usually find one of these:

BK = Braća Knaus (Brothers Knaus, Zagreb)

GK = Griesbach und Knaus (an earlier version of above; although a (partly) GERMAN name, it appears on some earlier Spomenica's :rolleyes: )

IKOM = Industrijska kovnica Ore?kovič Marko (Industrial forgery Ore?ković Marko, a later marking)

• 1 month later...

More about the markings.

Found this picture of marking GK (Griesbach and Knaus) on Partizanska spomenica.

Griesbach and Knaus, Braca Knaus (Knaus brothers) and IKOM are same factory in different period of history.

early pieces have no hallmarks, you can see here one example of such decoration:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2646...t=0#entry249998

I saw Spomenica with number 37xx without hallmarks, but in parallel there are Spomenica Nr. 312x already with 'BK' hallmark.

Hallmark 'GK' you will find on Spomenica with numbers 8xxx.

Your 3000 series spomenica without hallmarks belongs to early version as shown in link above.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Yes, that on the picture is "Partizanska spomenica", I am not so sure about the collar tab so I am going to let someone else help you with that...

Regards

Edited by Luka

Thank you, it's a picture of my grandfather. :)

I was told that he was some kind of officer in JNA military police but I don't know much more and would like to find out what that collar tab means, to learn more about him.

Best regards!

p.s.

Does anyone know where I could read more about Partizanska spomenica and what was it's meaning?

Edited by gDoDig

gDoDig,

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1-Use the search function at the top of the page to look for info on the Spomenica. There have been a number of posts/threads on this award on this forum.

2-Post your questions in the area for member who ask questions. It is a place where people go to ask for help from all of the forum members. It will reach a lot more members that way rather than just asking your questions in a thread a lot of peole might not read. You should be able to find it easily.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig