News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar of Oberstleutnant aD Ludwig Freiherr von Imhoff

A recent pick up with the following 11 ribbons:

1. 1914 EK2

2. 1939 KVK

3. Bayern MVO w/swords and crown

4. FEK

5. Bayern Jubilee

6. Bayern Jubilee

7. Prussian KO

8. Bayern Prinz Rupprecht 1920s

9. Bayern Long Service

10. Bayern Jubillee medal for 2 IR 1932

11. Tyroler Nobileman Associations

The last 2 helped very much to be able to trace the bar to Oberstleutnant aD Ludwig Freiherr von Imhoff in KB 2 IR. If anyone has a unit history of KB 2 IR and can look for a pic of Oberstleutnant aD Ludwig Freiherr von Imhoff I would greatly appreciate it. Also my thanks to Rick for tracing the bar. Without his eagle eyes I would have been lost!!

Nice and interresting bar in a great conditioon - but what is the Tyroler Nobileman Associations? I remember having seen a neck beadge in shape of an eagle, but that was as said a neck badge...

Nice and interresting bar in a great conditioon - but what is the Tyroler Nobileman Associations? I remember having seen a neck beadge in shape of an eagle, but that was as said a neck badge...

According to the International Commission on Orders of Chivalry and a few other web sites I located, the Tiroler Adelsmatrikel is an association of Tirolean nobles that has been in existance since the late 1300's and still exists today.

Guest Rick Research

The "TMZ" was apparently--like so many OTHER Austro-Hungarian decorations (and this seems to be more of a genealogical badge than an "award" per se) worn every day in Kleindekoration form.

Here is a ? wartime/? 1920s German style Austrian ribbon bar for (probably) a medical oifficer who was a Catholic von Etwas-- note BOTH the Marianerkreuz and the TMZ down there looking like a misplaced Baden Z?hringen Lion:

The full size neck badge ribbon is shown with gold metallic wire side stripes.

Ah, thank you both, now I got it.

;)

Rick Research said:
    ... and the TMZ down there looking like a misplaced Baden Zähringen Lion:

Ah, no more Baden connection with this bar? Now I feel better, think I once gave it a miss - not as bad for me when it's not a Zähringer...

:rolleyes:

Edited by saschaw

A recent pick up with the following 11 ribbons:

1. 1914 EK2

2. 1939 KVK

3. Bayern MVO w/swords and crown

4. FEK

5. Bayern Jubilee

6. Bayern Jubilee

7. Prussian KO

8. Bayern Prinz Rupprecht 1920s

9. Bayern Long Service

10. Bayern Jubillee medal for 2 IR 1932

11. Tyroler Nobileman Associations

The last 2 helped very much to be able to trace the bar to Oberstleutnant aD Ludwig Freiherr von Imhoff in KB 2 IR. If anyone has a unit history of KB 2 IR and can look for a pic of Oberstleutnant aD Ludwig Freiherr von Imhoff I would greatly appreciate it. Also my thanks to Rick for tracing the bar. Without his eagle eyes I would have been lost!!

Hello!

Amazing,congratulation.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep