News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Banner

Guest Rick Research

That's probably some time from March to June 1943, but this is a particularly tricky out of sequence serial number range, so could be earlier or even much later, dependeing on what unit actually issued it.

Any number this low is probably well worth getting researched.

Very nice Red Banner! :beer:

It's not that common to see one with as good enamel as this one. For some reason this type of RB often have enamel chipping. I have one that looks as if it got a good beating and lost all enamel. He recipient then got it re-enameled. Later it got another beating and lost some of the replaced enamel. Now it looks rather worn.

/Kim

• 2 years later...
    Guest Rick Research

This was posted 2 1/2 years ago!

Probably too late NOW to get done now that Podolsk is ... going away God knows where.

This was posted 2 1/2 years ago!

Probably too late NOW to get done now that Podolsk is ... going away God knows where.

True, but this isn't an abnormal amount of time to wait for research anyway.

From what I hear, the rumors of the archives' demise may be exaggerated.

True, but this isn't an abnormal amount of time to wait for research anyway.

From what I hear, the rumors of the archives' demise may be exaggerated.

Neither of the two researchers I am currently using knew anything about the archives closing when I asked them. In fact, Nota Bene told me to expect results in less than a month, though I am sure he says the same to everybody.