News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How about a Bulgarian Fake People's Liberty!?!

Guest Rick Research

I think of carbon monoxide too. :speechless1:

But I haven't even ever been able to get Igor to correct "service" (sluzhba) :speechless: to "merit" (zasluga).

It's a long lingusitic struggle, swimming against Babelfisch armed only with our tired old brains, Ed!

Now about all those Mongolian "combat" decorations that were for decades of long service.... :rolleyes::beer:

Now about all those Mongolian "combat" decorations that were for decades of long service.... :rolleyes::beer:

Shall be sitting down with Bat in June and forcing him (at the point of a bottle of Chengis Khan vodka) to traslate "Baildaani gav'yaany ulaan tugiin odon" (etc.) 100% accurately! And to fix this in the 2nd edition. What the original says -- whether we like it or not -- is the name of the decoration or medal.

We just need the standard (canonical) English-language references to GET IT RIGHT and include the original (one of the great faults of McD & S). Until such books are written, it is hard -- well non-productive anyway -- to kvetch too much.

But this "emission" business is another linguistic mess entirely!!!!!!!!!!!! :banger::banger::banger::banger:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Well, I find the word uncomfortable too, but every person I have seen that sells Bulgarian ODM uses the word "emmission" as opposed to "edition", "type", etc...

I guess it was the old when in Bulgaria.......

Well, I find the word uncomfortable too, but every person I have seen that sells Bulgarian ODM uses the word "emmission" as opposed to "edition", "type", etc...

I guess it was the old when in Bulgaria.......

I personally use the term "issue" which I think is in line with what "emission" is supposed to mean.

Marc