News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

OK... what is actually missing is

the FREAKIN MYSTERY DINGUS which landsknechte has on a million ribbon bars but no one has ever seen-- that 4th ribbon.

There is no 1905 or 1911 Luitpold Jubilee medal, so this person's service was as a career NCO AFTER those dates. The very rare Police Cross therefore, doesn't go on there. I THINK they should have gotten the CIVIL (red ribbon) Luitrpold Jubilee Medals.

OK... what is actually missing is

the FREAKIN MYSTERY DINGUS which landsknechte has on a million ribbon bars but no one has ever seen-- that 4th ribbon.

There is no 1905 or 1911 Luitpold Jubilee medal, so this person's service was as a career NCO AFTER those dates. The very rare Police Cross therefore, doesn't go on there. I THINK they should have gotten the CIVIL (red ribbon) Luitrpold Jubilee Medals.

Hi,

You be confusing me mon....

what should be in the 4th place?

Was the police cross for active police or volunteers?

The 2nd ribbon is for military officals?

Thanks

Chris

Guest Rick Research

Very nice. That's the 3rd Polizei 20 I've seen in as many years. I just don't think it would have gone on here. I'd save it for a nice hook-back pre-war bar with a Jubilee Medal ribbon. If you wanted one, I doubt you could find another. Hoard it.

Very nice. That's the 3rd Polizei 20 I've seen in as many years. I just don't think it would have gone on here. I'd save it for a nice hook-back pre-war bar with a Jubilee Medal ribbon. If you wanted one, I doubt you could find another. Hoard it.

Hi,

the whole bar is to pass on, I took it as a favor knowing nothing about them.

I was just curious to know what was what.

Any idea about the 2nd ribbon? How often do you see such a nice silver cross? Most seem to be badly silvered.

best

Chris

Guest Rick Research

Actually, I'd have said the opposite, with most BMVK2Xs being this nice alloy type. Maybe they were over-contracted, and took a long time to actually issue out.

This is on the Kriegsverdienst ribbon rather than the normal frontline one, which makes it special. :catjava:

I sure do hope landknechte doesn't flip out finally seeing a medal bar with "his" ribbon-- and "it" is MISSING! :banger: But at least we NOW know that the Whatever It Was was a SMALL... medal? :rolleyes:

Ah, pity. I just looked at the Nimmergut "B?nderkatalog" and checked the ribbon - the police ribbon looks a bit different. So you might remove that cross, have an empty space no one knows what there should be and you've to get an military long service award.

With a MVK 2nd class on war merit ribbon I'd asume a higher grade than the nine years medal - maybe even a 15 year cross?! Nice bar though, and really interresting... ;)

I WOULD GUESS THE BAVARIAN 9 LS Medal: pre war Police NCO, called up in 1914 - quickly goes to Sergeant dR/L and is issued his LS medal in 1918-just like Hitler.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

I'd think a Bavarian Reserve-Landwehr Medal would "fit" best, absent a Jubilee Medal. COULD have been a XV with doubled war time, for someone not yet a Kapitulant 1911/12. Depends on what hangs level at the bottom best.

Guest Rick Research

Naw. Definitely a crownless class. Lines up very neatly with the Hindenburg. The rings should be UNDER the ribbons so the awards don't slam each other flapping around loose, and that is what would have held the EK at the same level too.

Just what is Landknechte's ribbon and mystery medal ?!?!?! I am confused here :-(

Best

Chris

Three ribbon bars...

The matched pair of them were obtained from two different dealers on two different continents...

Been trying to ID that ribbon four the better part of four years now...

If you'll excuse me, I have to go scream and then bang my head against something until I lose consciousness.

:banger::banger::banger:

ttfn,

--Chris