News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Awards

I have received the attached question. Can someone help?

I am looking for a specific medal/award called the Tito Lik that was given to foreigners (such as doctors and nurses of the Territorial Army Nursing Service) during or just after WWII. An acquaintance who is now 93 years old received one but it was stolen and we are trying to find a replacement. However, we do not even know what it looks like or any references to it. Can you provide any assistance?

• Replies 270
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received the attached question. Can someone help?

Tito Lik says translated Titos face, there are plenty of medals having Titos face on it, maybe you could get some more descriptive explanations for what to look for.

Thanks

regards

Milan

This is almost like phaleristic CSI

Gentlemen,

besides Soviet Awards I have also a small collection of YU-Awards. I am not an expert in YU-Awards and so I have some questions.

My 1st question is:

Which YU-Orders had been awarded consecutive - first 3rd cl, then 2nd cl and at the end 1st cl - and which had been awarded according to the rank of a person?

I assume, that the more common civilian orders - like "Labour" or "Merit to the People" - had been awarded consecutive and the more high-ranking ones - like "Flag" or "Brotherhood" - according to the rank - i.e.: general of foreign army, ambassador, head of state, etc.

I also think, that ALL military orders had been awarded according to the rank of the recipient.

With the "Order of Labour" I am pretty sure, because I got the 3rd & 2nd cl - with cases, miniatures, ribbons and large documents - from the grand-grand aunt of my small (serbian) daughter. She worked as a editor at Yugoslavia's most important daily newspaper "Politika" for cultural affairs and she told me, that she received the 2 orders for jubilees in her professionel career - first the 3rd and years later the 2nd class.

2nd question:

I saw several times at photographs of Soviet Red Army officiers after the war, that they had a "Brotherhood" on their uniform - officiers 2nd cl and generals 1st cl. I hardly saw a "Partisan-Star" on Soviet uniforms. Was the "Brotherhood" the common order for officiers and generals, who took part at the liberation of Yugoslavia? Was the "Partisan-Star" reserved only to foreign soldiers, who were active within Tito's Partisan Army? There were several Soviet and British soldiers among the Partisans for years working as military advisers, pilots and so on.

3rd question:

Does anyone have a adress of a good dealer for YU-Awards? I got mine in Vienna, but Vienna is for years empty in terms of Soviet, Mongolian or YU-Awards. There are no dealers in Belgrade :-( I am still looking for a "Partisan-Star" 2nd cl - 1st cl might be too rare and far too expensive, I guess.

4th question:

In my opinon the rating of Eastern Block Awards - according to their artistic and crafted quality - is following:

- No. 1: Soviet Awards (unique in the world history of decorative arts!)

- No. 2: Mongolian Awards (most of them had been designed and made in Russia)

- No. 3: YU-Awards (some of them had been designed and made in Russia)

What's your opinion about my rating?

Best regards from Vienna, Austria

Christian Zulus

4th question:

In my opinon the rating of Eastern Block Awards - according to their artistic and crafted quality - is following:

- No. 1: Soviet Awards (unique in the world history of decorative arts!)

- No. 2: Mongolian Awards (most of them had been designed and made in Russia)

- No. 3: YU-Awards (some of them had been designed and made in Russia)

What's your opinion about my rating?

Christian, I'm only able to answer your 4th question. I guess you are right! These 3 countries had the best enameled awards! I don't collect Mongolian awards, but I do collect Soviet and Yugoslavian.

Dolf, this is an officer cap badge.

Bryan,

Ok, I guess it explains the good quality of the enamel and the overall piece!

As far as I know not even the Soviet Red Army had such good quality hat Badges even for officers, right?

Thanks,

Dolf

PS: thanks for the attached scan. May I ask where it comes from?

Edited by Dolf

[attachmentid=55235]Commissar's cap?

Dear Soviet,

many thanks for pictures of the cap badges!

I bought this cap 2 years ago at a flee market in Belgrade. The dealer told to me, that the cap badge is from a political commissar.

That badge is named in your list "Elite Troop Officers".

- "Elite Troops" = guard units?

- belonged the political commissars to "Elite Troops"?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

• 1 month later...

Partisan Star 2cl

Gentlemen,

a dealer in Vienna has a Partisan Star 2cl for USD 375,- in his shop window. The condition is with a lot of dark patina on the wreath around the red star. Without box, no miniature and no ribbon - only the blank award :( .

I collect YU-Orders usually with (big) award, miniature & ribbon - as I have the Partisan Star 3cl.

For my taste the price tag is rather high, but on the other side the 2nd class of the YU Partisan Star is rather rare.

Usually the price for a 2cl is in the range of USD 250,- up to USD 300,-. Was their an increase in the market value of YU-Awards in the last time?

Gentlemen, what is your opinion about the price?

Many thanks in advance :beer: .

Best regards

Christian Zulus

Edited by Christian Zulus

Christian, I think the price is too high. I guess you saw the last one on eBay for that sold for $280 US with miniature and ribbon. I didn't buy it, because a friend of mine that sometimes go in Serbia told me I could get a better price than that. Unfortunately, the thing is that those Partisan Stars 2nd Classes don't come often for sale! My guess is that the one for sale in Wien is too expensive, but it is also true to say at the same time that ?high end? Yugoslavian orders have become more and more expensive. Nothing to compare with Soviet awards, but still getting more expensive.

On the other hand, if you look the number of recipients of Partisan Stars 2nd Class compared with Soviet awards, this Partisan Star 2nd Class is still "a good price". :unsure:

Dear Bryan,

many thanks for your expertise :beer: .

I have to try to get some good sources for orders and medals in Belgrade ...

Best regards

Christian

Hello Christian

my opinion is also that the price you have stated is by far too high, a fair value is arround 250 to 300 US$.

Yugoslavia awards are gone higher in price the last two years and high end orders especially has blown off regarding the asked market prces. If you like to have something from Belgrade just let me know !!

Best regards

Dear "Orden Master",

many thanks for your offer :beer: .

Please send me an PM with your contact datas. I am since january 2000 the secretary general of this http://www.oejg.net society and I am moderating a website for Serbia https://www.openbc.com/net/serbien/ . So I have some contacts in Serbia.

Maybe we can establish a sort of "supply line" for these nice and meritorious YU-Awards.

Best regards

Christian

Hello Christian

my opinion is also that the price you have stated is by far too high, a fair value is arround 250 to 300 US$.

Yugoslavia awards are gone higher in price the last two years and high end orders especially has blown off regarding the asked market prces. If you like to have something from Belgrade just let me know !!

Best regards

I forgot to mention that the Partisan Star 2nd Class was awarded from August 15th 1943 only 1531 times until 1972. The 3rd Class was awarded 10 384 times until 1973.

Just imagine the price of Soviet orders that were awarded only 1500 times!

I think it is very difficult to find the Partisan Star 2nd Class at $250. Hope I'll be lucky to find it. :unsure:

Dear "Orden Master",

many thanks for your offer :beer: .

Please send me an PM with your contact datas. I am since january 2000 the secretary general of this http://www.oejg.net society and I am moderating a website for Serbia https://www.openbc.com/net/serbien/ . So I have some contacts in Serbia.

Maybe we can establish a sort of "supply line" for these nice and meritorious YU-Awards.

Best regards

Christian

Hello Christian

many thanks for the links I will be becoming a member soon, as fast as I have more than a couple of minutes to stay in front of my PC. I WAS collecting Yugoslavian awards from the 45-91 period and I have got a complete collection except the order of freedom and 2 or three varieties of the other orders oherwise I was really complete. I have sold the entire collection a couple of months ago.

Nevertheless my main collection is kingdom of Serbia / SHS and Yugoslavia and Montenegro. So if you find any spare minute you can have a look at my collection under http://www.orden.stojanovic.ch

I would be honoured to make the "supply line" from Belgrade the only thing is to send me the wish-lists.

Best regards ;)

Milan

Dear Milan,

I can not open your collection :( . Maybe you could post your collection at GMIC at the "Collectors Showcase" http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showforum=114 :love: . It would be of great interest for all of us, I think.

Maybe you could answer my questions I posted at this thread some weeks ago: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=110598

Many thanks :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

Hello Christian

many thanks for the links I will be becoming a member soon, as fast as I have more than a couple of minutes to stay in front of my PC. I WAS collecting Yugoslavian awards from the 45-91 period and I have got a complete collection except the order of freedom and 2 or three varieties of the other orders oherwise I was really complete. I have sold the entire collection a couple of months ago.

Nevertheless my main collection is kingdom of Serbia / SHS and Yugoslavia and Montenegro. So if you find any spare minute you can have a look at my collection under http://www.orden.stojanovic.ch

I would be honoured to make the "supply line" from Belgrade the only thing is to send me the wish-lists.

Best regards ;)

Milan

Dear Milan,

I can not open your collection :( . Maybe you could post your collection at GMIC at the "Collectors Showcase" http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showforum=114 :love: . It would be of great interest for all of us, I think.

Maybe you could answer my questions I posted at this thread some weeks ago: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=110598

Many thanks :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

The entrance to the menues is to click in the middle of the St. Sava medalion, from there on it's all on menues.!

I will have a look at the other forum, I was already taking in consideration to post the pictures there, but as always .... as time goes by ........ sorry as soon as possible I will start !

Best regards

Milan

Dear Milan,

sorry ..... :blush: , my mistake: I didn't move fully to the heart of our Sveti Sava.

Great Collection :beer: !!!!!!!!!

A Serbian friend of mine, who lives in Munich, collects pre-Tito-awards. A lot of these orders had been manufactured in Vienna.

Many thanks to your expertise in my questions in advance.

Best regards from Bec

Christian

The entrance to the menues is to click in the middle of the St. Sava medalion, from there on it's all on menues.!

I will have a look at the other forum, I was already taking in consideration to post the pictures there, but as always .... as time goes by ........ sorry as soon as possible I will start !

Best regards

Milan