News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Awards

• Replies 270
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have no idea what it is, but it looks very nice and very rare.

Sorry I forgot completely to tell you what it is. :speechless:

First pic is a Order of the White Eagle GC set, first type from the 1882-1900 period with the monogram of King Milan I on the reverse of the badge. This order was made by Rothe in Vienna.

Second pic is a GC set of the order of the Karageorge star, first type with grained breast star thus from 1903 to 1914 period. This order was made by G.A. Scheid in Vienna.

regards

Milan

Your truly a great collector Milane, I must say out of all the Communist awards the war flag is the most beautiful especially when seen in real life.

Out of the precommunist decorations I really think that the Obrenovich dynasty had, esthetically, much better orders. Milosh the Great being the crown of them all...

Dear Milan,

Yes I "fly" more on stuff like this :

It was ment ironically from me ;)

I love the Serbian Monarchy stuff and a have seen very nice pieces at my friends in Beograd and in the diaspora. I think, that Royal Serbian Awards are - besides of old Russian Awards - the most beautiful in history before 1918. But to start collecting now with old Serbian (high-end) Awards is beyond my financial means :( .

From the artistic viewpoint and the quality of manufacturing the old Serbian Awards are defintly above the YU-Awards of the Tito-time.

Best regards :beer:

Christian