News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Things I Purchased for my Collection

Guest IMHF

• Replies 795
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorenzo, this is a Chinese canteen. I brought one home like this as well. You don't see very many like this in Iraq. Scott.

Scott

Thank you for the reply I really liked it, the Soldier who brought it back was in the 1991 Gulf war he also has an Iraqi First Aid kit carrier for sale.

Lorenzo

Well Bob it is good to hear from you, it seems that Iraqi military and civil services are coming out with all knid of insignia to wear. I have seen many of these new Insignia pop up since 2004-to now! As a collector one of each set would be great for my collection!!

Thank you

Lorenzo

So, what do the different insignia in post #729 and #730 represent? Are they for artillery, foot soldiers, etc? Should they be in pairs to be a complete set?

Bob

Edited by bmsm

I like the little scissors Bob, I think they belong to the Iraqi produced version of Monopoly :P called Baghdadopoly. It's the game where you get a "get out of of jail untortured" card, and when you pass go you collect 200 dinars for Saddam Husseins private account, "Free Parking" is replaced by exile in Jordan...:beer: Scott.

Edited by 2xvetran

Bob

Here is a closer image of the Insignia close together ask your contact in Baghdad who helped you write your book to give you a brief description of each.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Bob

Here is a closer image of the Insignia close together ask your contact in Baghdad who helped you write your book to give you a brief description of each.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Perhaps I am reading more into this than what is actually here but it seems as though you don't want to answer a simple question Lorenzo. As the club host you should make every effort to answer a members questions the way that you would want yours answered. I am detecting a level of animosity toward bmsm and his book. A brief description of each piece of insignia would answer the question asked and would serve to assist other collectors in this field, which is what you purport to do... When you post items you don't know about you like to get an honest answer from others ie. Owain, Ed Haynes, Bob, right down to myself last night, on your Chinese canteen. Why won't you respond in kind and share the knowledge? Merely posting items doesn't help anyone, they like to know if at all possible what the items are, who used them and when. Bob is the expert in the field of Iraqi collctibles and he has offered to share his knowledge and work with others. This is what makes him the go to person, not the size of his personal collection. When he seeks to expand his knowledge, the information will become available for all those interested in this field. Try to be a bit more helpful, it will go a long way. Scott.

Perhaps I am reading more into this than what is actually here but it seems as though you don't want to answer a simple question Lorenzo. As the club host you should make every effort to answer a members questions the way that you would want yours answered. I am detecting a level of animosity toward bmsm and his book. A brief description of each piece of insignia would answer the question asked and would serve to assist other collectors in this field, which is what you purport to do... When you post items you don't know about you like to get an honest answer from others ie. Owain, Ed Haynes, Bob, right down to myself last night, on your Chinese canteen. Why won't you respond in kind and share the knowledge? Merely posting items doesn't help anyone, they like to know if at all possible what the items are, who used them and when. Bob is the expert in the field of Iraqi collctibles and he has offered to share his knowledge and work with others. This is what makes him the go to person, not the size of his personal collection. When he seeks to expand his knowledge, the information will become available for all those interested in this field. Try to be a bit more helpful, it will go a long way. Scott.

Scott

There is no animosity there I just gave him a better image to use to get the information. I do not like others using other peoples work for profit, if he truly wants to help with the I.D. and the cost for himself and the fellow collectors; why won’t he just upload it to the free library in a PDF file. You can find that above on the GMIC Forum board; this will make it easier for everybody.

Thank you Scott and I appreciate you for your comments.

Lorenzo

Scott

There is no animosity there I just gave him a better image to use to get the information. I do not like others using other peoples work for profit, if he truly wants to help with the I.D. and the cost for himself and the fellow collectors; why won't he just upload it to the free library in a PDF file. You can find that above on the GMIC Forum board; this will make it easier for everybody.

Thank you Scott and I appreciate you for your comments.

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

I am sure that if there was no cost in the publication of Bob's book he would upload it into the forum. The fact is, it is self published, which means that Bob had to pay for each copy that was printed. I can assure you that he is not making money off of other collectors with this book, it was very expensive to have it published. Perhaps when he recovers his cost, he will upload it to the forum, but that is a decision for Bob to make. You have stated that you had 200 + pages of info for a book, why don't you take your own advice and upload it to the forum? :whistle:

I am not trying to call you out here, but I really think that you could have answered Bob's question in a better way. Scott.

Here is a group of Insignia and Police Badges that I just bought for my collection, please don’t ask at this time of what they are I just bought them and I am working on the information for them. This Thread is for me to show you my new additions to my collection. I want to thank you all for viewing; have a blessed week.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Here is an Image of the Reverse of each badge so you can see the mounting systems they come with.

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

Hi!

Lorenzo

You get always very nice stuffs in top conditions.:jumping::jumping::jumping::cheers:

All the best :beer:

Morten.

Morten

Thank you my brother it is because I have 4 tours in Iraq and 5 awesome dealers that I can count on to find me the best Iraqi Militaria at very good prices.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Here is another 2 Iraqi Service Decorates I bought for my collection, I will post information on them in the Mid East Militaria Section here soon.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up these Honorable Service Medals used for some units of the New Democratic Iraqi Army after 2003. These Medals were issued only for a short period of time and were manufactured in Iraq. The two different colored ribbons were due to the different Iraqi Army Units. I believe that there were 3-6 different ribbon colors I am not sure.

Thank you for Viewing

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hello everyone how are you all doing; this last week I went half on a collection with a good friend of mine. With that I was able to score all that you see here. I did the half thing because you never want to go against a fellow collector friend you might find yourself paying hundreds more then you wanted to spend.

Well to make a long story short I had noticed he was bidding on the same lot so I asked him what the pieces he wanted from the lot were. He told me he just wanted the Saddam Hussein Posters. With that said we decided to go half and that he would do the bidding. Well it worked out well I was able to get a 60mm Mortar metal plate and a few Saddam Hussein Palace pieces for $150.00

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo