News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

rare german cloth badges

i not sure if these are in the right section ive been told these are quite scarce badges can any members tell me more about them any info greatly appreciated

Edited by conker

I'll move this over to WW2. These are not imperial. As a sidebar.... some of the most heavily faked items in the world....

IVE LOOKED AT THE MYSELF AND THEY LOOK 100% GENUINE I GOT THESE FROM A HOUSE CLEARANCE FROM A 90 YEAR OLD MANS ESTATE

IVE LOOKED AT THE MYSELF AND THEY LOOK 100% GENUINE

I GOT THESE FROM A HOUSE CLEARANCE FROM A 90 YEAR OLD MANS ESTATE

For part 1) Good fakes DO look genuine. With these stars looking 100% genuine is not enough to win a prize

part 2) If you want them for yourself and you got them out of the woodwork, good for you. A regular buyer would ask what the NSDAP stamp is doing on there, question a bit the quality of the badge and why they look to be made by the same person on the same cloth, but have 2 different languages and the one has a bogus stamp and the other not?

Sometimes when it comes to "iffy" objects, it is a question of belief. I would see these at a show and think "Yeah right....." and move on.

If you are happy with them, fine, but as you posted them I assume some opinions and chit chat are what is called for.

Best

Chris

i not sure if these are in the right section ive been told these are quite scarce badges can any members tell me more about them any info greatly appreciated

Hello!

Looks not good.A bad fake.

All the best

Nesredep

IVE LOOKED AT THE MYSELF AND THEY LOOK 100% GENUINE I GOT THESE FROM A HOUSE CLEARANCE FROM A 90 YEAR OLD MANS ESTATE

Hallo Conker, :cheers:

By the way, typing in large case letters, means in computer speak, that you are angry and shouting.

You did ask for opinions, and opinions are being offered.

Another tip, It would have been a help to include the size / dimensions of your object, when looking for information

the more information you provide about your item, can help determine if the item is real.

Unfortunately, in the world of Third Reich Militaria collecting everything has been faked, or fantasy items created

and cloth items are the easiest to fabricate, just because the came from a house clearance of a 90 years old man

does not mean he did not pick them up as fakes 35 years ago when he was 50ish.

Most of us here have been caught out by a fake at some stage or other, its all part of the learning process.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hallo Conker, :cheers:

By the way, typing in large case letters, means in computer speak, that you are angry and shouting.

You did ask for opinions, and opinions are being offered.

Another tip, It would have been a help to include the size / dimensions of your object, when looking for information

the more information you provide about your item, can help determine if the item is real.

Unfortunately, in the world of Third Reich Militaria collecting everything has been faked, or fantasy items created

and cloth items are the easiest to fabricate, just because the came from a house clearance of a 90 years old man

does not mean he did not pick them up as fakes 35 years ago when he was 50ish.

Most of us here have been caught out by a fake at some stage or other, its all part of the learning process.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

ok i only asked for opinions nothing more and said where i bought them from and they look genuine to me and its the 1st ive heard that typing in capitals is because im mad???? i must have left the caps lock on simple

ok i only asked for opinions nothing more and said where i bought them from and they look genuine to me and its the 1st ive heard that typing in capitals is because im mad???? i must have left the caps lock on simple

manythanks for members comments

Garbage. Sorry to be blunt, but there you are. Perhaps the old boy from whose house you retrieved them did silkscreening as part of his occupational therapy. Maybe he was involved in amateur dramatics. Perhaps he wore them on his pyjamas ? la Max Mosley. But one thing is sure: these are not from the early 1940s. If I were you, I'd invest in a new keyboard with a non-sticking caps lock key instead.

PK

I hope the items weren't too expensive. They are fakes...

Joel

Edited by buellmeister