News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I need some guidance on these. I would like to keep one if it is an issue piece. The first cross I think is a 20's to 30's piece. The second one has a chance in my opinion but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Cross #1

One thing I forgot to mention - the area inside the beading is higher on cross #1 than the beading is. The high spots would wear before the beading. This is one thing I like about this piece. Cross #2 has beading higher than the inner section. I hope this makes sense.

hiya chet,

i will start with the first one. there are a few things right off of the bat. first is the finish on the reverse--it looks like a cast piece.the soldering job around the hinge and catch is very sloppily done. then there's the pin itself, which looks extremely suspicious.

i will post an example that i have tomorrow when i have better light so you can compare.

Hello:

Unfortunately, I too can confirm the bad news.

I believe that both cross #1 and cross #2 shown are recently made copies. So, you should definately return them from whence they came.

As pointed out, they are copies made by casting. On cross #2, the forgers at least tried to copy the pin, but the workmanship is very poor.

I hope that you are able to get your money back.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thank you all for your help! The second cross was pictured when I bought these but I initially recieved the first cross. The second cross had some promise from the original pictures but when in hand I was not happy. I just wanted to confirm before I send both packing which I will do. Geting the money back should be no problem.

Thanks,

Chet

• 2 weeks later...