News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 "Silber"

Here I would like to show you my personal favourite-this "Silber" marked 1914 EK1 with a blued sheet metal core.I love the filigran crossarms! But my search is not over now.....there's also a variation with a "938"stamp......and of course a screwback :D !

Micha

Obverse

• 4 weeks later...

Micha,

I believe yours to be a Meybauer. Classic Meybauer Pin but perhaps made for sale by another (Bavarian?)retailer and therefore not maker marked. Bavarian makers mostly used "Silber" instead of a purity content mark. I have one exactly like yours. Exactly. So in that vein, how about a 938 and a screwback combined. Here is the front, notice the back plate marked "800".

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

I agree with Joe-that's a wonderful Meybauer!I have to think about your Meybauer idea......I'm not at home at the moment and it's hard to judge this two EKs just with a few pics at the pc.At saturday I will compare them......and to shorten the time-here's another Meybauer.

Micha

Hi,

Micha, that's a nice EK1! I have a couple of them (both unmarked though), which I think of as "spoon-bills" (after the bird) because of the round shape of the tip of the pin. They also have the characteristic "V" notch at the hinge end of the pin. Interestingly, I have a Braubschweig KVK1 with the same style pin.

Daniel, I don't think Micha's type is a Meybauer - the core details are very different. Look at the size of the W and it's relation to the beading for a start. The crown is also different. You've shown a very nice Meybauer screwback though!

Regards

Mike K

Joe,

That is the only mark on the back of the cross itself. No Meybauer trademark stamp. Here is my "Spoon Bill" :rolleyes: I like this cross so much, I swear these were my first pictures with the digital camera. Please pay no attention to the junk in the background.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Here is the back. Funny thing is this cross went back and forth between me and my best friend about five or six times over the years. He would always find something I could not live without to trade for it and I would do the same to him. I finally wised up and told him I was keeping it this time. :beer:

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

• 3 weeks later...