News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thai / Indonesian / Vietnamese ODM

Hugh

Here's a look at some of my SE Asian stuff: Thai on top, then Indonesian, then Vietnamese. I've also got a couple of Laotian and Cambodians tucked into the third row, and yes, a Singaporean 5 yearmedal. Hope you enjoy them.

Hugh

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice! That one lower left row 4th in look lethal!

Any chance the OMSA database can have pics of some of them? Info on these nations, esp. Indonesian, is not widespread in the West.

very nice! That one lower left row 4th in look lethal!

Any chance the OMSA database can have pics of some of them? Info on these nations, esp. Indonesian, is not widespread in the West.

I'll get at it over time. I'll have to break down the boards to get reverses.

Nag me if I forget.

Hugh

Guest Rick Research

If you would/could, threads on all of these individually would be much appreciated. I know absolutely nothing about these, and would not be able to add anything constructive to such detailed coverage, but I have noticed some Thai awards locally and may be diverted into yet another Side Collection. :rolleyes:

If I actually knew what I was DOING.... :unsure:

:cheers:

And, drooling again over your tempting image, some of these seem to be mounted groups. Are they?? :jumping::speechless1:

No groups; all singles. I've deliberately steered away from groups for financial reasons. I just let the magpie impulse guide me, buying groups only when I really want one or more of the included medals.

I do have obverse pictures of many of these and will start to post them, BUT I have to resize them first, and I'm still pretty clumsy at that (Irfan).

I'll also try to get them into the OMSA base eventually. I have only the most superficial data on many of them, but perhaps someone will be able to amplify.

Thanks to all for the nice words. Any of you coming to OMSA convention? I'd enjoy meeting you there.

Hugh Tulloch

If you need help with images, just ask (maharao@yahoo.com).

I wish (so wish!) I could be at OMSA, but time, money, etc., all that, make it impossible. I do hope to have The Book on display (at least), though.

Amazing display. I look forward to learning from your collection!

1. Question. What are the neck orders? :jumping:

On the left, the neck badge and breast star of Thailand's Order of the Crown of Thailand, Knight Commander (2nd Class), bought in Bangkok in 1985. Here's the image.

On the right, the Laotian Order of One Million Elephants neck badge in gold, Arthus Bertrand, bought in Paris in 1988. Image to follow.

If you would/could, threads on all of these individually would be much appreciated. I know absolutely nothing about these, and would not be able to add anything constructive to such detailed coverage, but I have noticed some Thai awards locally and may be diverted into yet another Side Collection. :rolleyes:

If I actually knew what I was DOING.... :unsure:

:cheers:

Here's a useful site for the Thais.

Secretariat of the Cabinet Site

I know - had a dreadful struggle to build even the meagre information in the Indonesian section of my site!

Here's one for you to fill in with. Feel free to use this or any other of my images on your site.

INDONESIA ? Bintang Mahaputera Utama (3rd Class) in ornate carved wooden case of issue, EF

Liverpool Medal, 7/04,

(The box is really a work of art. I'll get around to it later.)

Here's one for you to fill in with. Feel free to use this or any other of my images on your site.

INDONESIA ? Bintang Mahaputera Utama (3rd Class) in ornate carved wooden case of issue, EF

Liverpool Medal, 7/04,

(The box is really a work of art. I'll get around to it later.)

Whoops! Think I overcompensated in resizing. I can go back to the orig. and do a little less if need be.

I know - had a dreadful struggle to build even the meagre information in the Indonesian section of my site!

Here's another one for you, Megan. Don't mind the yellow highlighting; it just shows that my entries for that item are complete (in my inventory list).

INDONESIA - Army Order of Merit Land Forces Honour Decoration), 2nd Class (Bintang Kartika Eka Pakci Pratama), EF

Invicta Intl, Ottawa, 11/00,

INDONESIA - Bintang Jalasena Nararya, Angkatan Laut (Navy), Mint

Hj Machmud Arief, Surabaya, 3/91

Here's a look at some of my SE Asian stuff: Thai on top, then Indonesian, then Vietnamese. I've also got a couple of Laotian and Cambodians tucked into the third row, and yes, a Singaporean 5 yearmedal. Hope you enjoy them.

Hugh

Names of the Indonesians (2nd and 3rd rows)

Megan - you'll see the list of GOM medals here. Indiv. pix later.

Hugh

Liverpool Medal, 7/04, (This breast star and neck badge are cunningly overlaid on the 2nd and 3rd rows respectively)

INDONESIA ? Star of the Invincible Maha Wira (Bintang Sakti), Silvered EF

Invicta, Intl., 11/00

INDONESIA - Army Order of Merit Land Forces Honour Decoration), 2nd Class (Bintang Kartika Eka Pakci Pratama), EF

Invicta Intl, Ottawa, 11/00

INDONESIA - Bintang Jalasena Nararya, Angkatan Laut (Navy), Mint

INDONESIA - Bintang Sewindu ABRI, EF (War services), Awarded by the President R. I.,

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Bhakti, Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces), (Wound)

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Teladan (Prajurit Utama), Angkatan Laut (Navy), (Military discipline), Mint

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Kesetiaan XXIV Tahun, ABRI (Armed Forces), (24 Years service), Mint

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Perang Kemerdekaan I, (Independence War), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Perang Kemerdekaan II, (Independence War), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar I (GOM), (Madiun 1947), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar II (GOM), (Angkatan Ratu Adil 1947), (Holland - Officers only), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar III (GOM), (Republik Malaku Selatan 1950). Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar IV (GOM), (Sulawesi 1958), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

Hj Machmud Arief, Surabaya

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar V (GOM), (Jawa Barat 1959), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar VI (GOM), (Jawa Tengah - entral Java 1960), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar VII (GOM), (Aceh 1960), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Gerakan Operasi Militar VIII (GOM), (Kalimantan 1961), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Trikora (Satya Lancana Satya Dharma) - Irian Jaya - 1962, Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

Hj Machmud Arief, Surabaya

INDONESIA - Dwikora (Satya Lancana Wira Dharma) - Malaysia, 1963 (Konfrontasi), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Penegak, 1965, (PKI - Sukarno/Suharto), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Seroja Timur Timur (East Timor 1970), Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Dwidya Sistha Instruktur, Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces),

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Jana Utama, Police, Presidential Commendation, Mint,

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Karya Bhakti (25 Years Service, Police), Mint,

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Prasetia Panja Warsa, (5 Years Service, Police), Mint,

INDONESIA - Province Governor's Badge, Negeri, Mint,

(Top right of frame, topmost of the two round badges)

INDONESIA - Command Badge, Angkatan Laut (Navy), Mint, ABRI,

(Top right of frame, bottom of the two round badges)

INDONESIA - Satya Lancana Bhakti, Mint, ABRI (Armed Forces), (Wound medal)

Got most of these for $5.21 US each when I was in Surabaya working with the Indon. Navy on torpedoes. Those were the days - Bintang beer and cheap medals!