News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

From what I have when you are lucky enough to get "research" on these awards (a stack of unreadable -- to me -- newspaper articles), it seems she got get ORBL for 20 years as a school teacher. If I knew precisely what to post I'd post it. And I am still trying . . . .

Speaking as someone who has just survived 33 years as a university professor:

1) she deserved it;

2) the damage shows.

Help?!?!?!?

Hi there Ed,

I just asked my wife quickly and here's what it says....

Maria Petrovna Ivanova

and that's her signature at the bottom...

Cheers

JC

Thanks, to BOTH of you, JC!! :beer:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

From what I have when you are lucky enough to get "research" on these awards (a stack of unreadable -- to me -- newspaper articles), it seems she got get ORBL for 20 years as a school teacher. If I knew precisely what to post I'd post it. And I am still trying . . . .

Speaking as someone who has just survived 33 years as a university professor:

1) she deserved it;

2) the damage shows.

Help?!?!?!?

Ed,

If you post it or email it to me I'm sure we can sort it out for you...

JC

Ed,

If you post it or email it to me I'm sure we can sort it out for you...

JC

Thanks, JC.

I found her (I think) quicker than I expected. There may be more . . . .

Am I right? (I am so RARELY???)

Ed

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Rick Research

The medal in her photo is undoubtedly the WW2 Labor Victory.

Yup, entry for her as teacher at Middle/ Secondary School No. 59, Arkhangelsk. ? High school teacher.

The medal in her photo is undoubtedly the WW2 Labor Victory.

Yup, entry for her as teacher at Middle/ Secondary School No. 59, Arkhangelsk. ? High school teacher.

Thanks for new information.

And thanks for confirming my suspicions. Maybe I should trust my instincts? No . . . probably not . . . . :P

Anytime Ed,

The name is certainly correct and the rest of the text reads... Teacher of secondary school No. 59 in the city of Archangelsk.

I just thought I should mention this though... her name is as common as John Smith is in the US so perhaps there are more than one of her.

JC

Anytime Ed,

The name is certainly correct and the rest of the text reads... Teacher of secondary school No. 59 in the city of Archangelsk.

I just thought I should mention this though... her name is as common as John Smith is in the US so perhaps there are more than one of her.

JC

Rick beat me to it!!!

:unsure:

Anytime Ed,

JC

However, the rest of the copy of the newspaper (Pravda, if I remember right?) includes the date of Ukaz, which corresponds to the date in the book. So, chances are, it's her (plus, she looks like someone who spent a career as a high school teacher in Archangel!)

Yes, the medal next to the RBL is the Labor Victory.

Dave