News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some early pictures, RCW-era

Thanks, Rick. The dirty little secret is that I'm having a ton of fun with this. I never knew how satisfying it would be to bring some of these old photos back to life. Sometimes when I'm done with a photo I just say "Welcome back, soldier." Yes, I admit, senility at work. I've stopped caring.

I'm having SO much fun that I'm thinking of selling most of my collectibles and just concentrating on old photos, repairing them to the extent my skills allow, then cataloging them and sharing them on a website. In fact, I've already created the website and started populating it with images. It's the site I told you about before. I've got several hundred images already done and many more to come. I've also got a collection of uniform sketches that I'm going to include plus a bunch of other things. All this, because I discovered that there are a LOT of things you can do with these old photos besides just show them around one at a time then put them back in the box.

If I have a little time today maybe I'll see what I can do with Spitcurl Girl. Among the photos I have worked on I have one of a major-league cutie. Uniform, leather, Mauser pistol and hot looks. You'll like her.

Chuck

It's not a photo contest. The more people who do this, the more I'll learn. I especially like what Alex did with the floor. I couldn't do it right.

Meanwhile, here's what I think Ed's hottie might have looked like. I also posted this on his original thread.

This girl was not hard on the eyes. Still isn't, through the prism of time.

Chuck

It's not a photo contest. The more people who do this, the more I'll learn. I especially like what Alex did with the floor. I couldn't do it right.

Meanwhile, here's what I think Ed's hottie might have looked like. I also posted this on his original thread.

This girl was not hard on the eyes. Still isn't, through the prism of time.

Chuck

Not wishing to Hi-jack Ed's thread, but Chuck, your workshop re-working is really quite excellent.

To Ed, you have some really fine photo's here which, when looked at closely and quietly, somehow bring out the true nature of the people in them. At this point you may have realised that I love old "Personal" photo's which show real people of the time.

congrats.

regards

Alex

One more, in hopes of enciting interest.

Happy family.

Looks like you inherited my early photo collection as well! :cheers:

This photo was not Russian Civil War per se, but I really, really liked it. When it was offered to me, I jumped on buying it. The overall texture of the photo, the officer's uniform, the content...just beautiful, I think.

Dave

Looks like you inherited my early photo collection as well! :cheers:

This photo was not Russian Civil War per se, but I really, really liked it. When it was offered to me, I jumped on buying it. The overall texture of the photo, the officer's uniform, the content...just beautiful, I think.

Dave

Dave, I have inherited much. And am a happy custodian. Ed