News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of Alexander Nevsky

And here is my last purchase what I got today! :jumping: Actually even yesterday afternoon, I didn't even dreamed to get one at all but in the evening I got trade offer what was too good to past it!

Anyway, here it is!

All opinions, info, etc would be great! As far I know and what Paul McDaniel/Paul J Schmitt "The Comprehensive Guid to SOVIET ORDERS AND MEDALS" says.. its Type 3 . No. 41,268 .

Regarding Paul J.Schmitt "ECHOES OF WAR Researching Soviet Military Decorations" it is awarded around 1945 I quess.

0760787940678b_l.jpg

Probably a highly intersting tale running there, back behind the number, and RESEARCH is indicated. If you should live long enough, given recent "research" ressults and turnaround! :banger:

A nice order, the lowest of the CCCP "Tsarist Heroes" awards to mean much. (I certainly don't count the "Glory".)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

bloody hell i had this order for nearly 7 years and within 1 week noor has got the service card(kindly care of another member!!) life is indeed cruel!!!! :blush:

Need to buy it back ASAP :cheers: Only thing .. value just doubled :unsure:

Need to buy it back ASAP :cheers: Only thing .. value just doubled :unsure:

i know i know but i got a good deal out of it and so did noor so we are both happy campers!plus i know its gone to a good home so all good! now i know he will be after my lenin in a few months time! :beer:

i know i know but i got a good deal out of it and so did noor so we are both happy campers!plus i know its gone to a good home so all good! now i know he will be after my lenin in a few months time! :beer:

Yeah .... take a look around to see what Type 6 Var 1 Lenin's are going for lately ... damn ... I nearly fell off my chair ... THANK GOD .. I got one when they were still just "expensive" ... :rolleyes:

you and me both!!!! i got mine JUST before the prices went mental and i really really like me lenin to!!(that probably cos its shiny and i like shiny things!!! :cool:

I got a Boxed, atrributed (with award doc) Type 6 var 1 for $750 US off Alexei a couple of years ago. These same Lenin's (by themselves) are nearly $3k on Dealers Sites !!! :speechless1: Absolute insanity ...

Thank you so much manstein! :jumping::jumping::jumping: What a great suprise! :beer:

Capitan Bitman, Boris, Grigorevits

Service in Red Army 1933-1935/1941- 1945

Born: Odessa

Education: Higher

Nationality: Jew

Service during WW2: 1 Ukrain front, 13 Army, 230 Division, 31? Rifles Regiment

1947 worked in Kisinjov as a city head architect first assisant

Awards:

Red Star no. 865 677 - 1944

OGPW 2nd class no. 390 921

Order of the Nevsky no. 41 268

Medal for the capture of Berlin

Medal for Victory over Germany

later on as well Medal for Military Merit? 50s?

Edited by Noor

Guest Rick Research

Born 1910. He was a Rifles Battlaion Commander in 1031st Rifles Regiment, 280th Rifles Division.

The MMM is odd, since that is a long service Ukaz, so he must have had 4 more years of military service.

Guest Rick Research

Wartime wasn't counted double, so he must have gone back into the army (or MVD?) possibly in construction troops...

Now that you have his name and Awards Record Card number... it would be worthwhile to ask for his personnel file

if it can still be copied before the Archives move away to ??????????????? in these bad times and

then you will know.

CITATIONS for the Nevsky itself (of course :jumping: ) and for a more complete knowlegde of his service, even citations for the MISSING awards would all be worthwhile to understand his military service.

Who knows if it will ever again be possible to remember wartime alliances.....

• 4 weeks later...