News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Exceptional Sudan Finds

sabrigade

As would be normal for Egyptian-Sudanese troops, right?

Ed,

Yes, as far as my knowledge goes. I have met a Sudanese Historian who has assisted me in obtaining these medals and some others which I will post sometime. According to him, these Force numbers can be researched. I will use this example as an experiment and will see what I can find out. He has a private museum in Khartoum which is very interesting, if there is interest I will ask his permission to post photographs.

Regards,

Will

Ed,

Yes, as far as my knowledge goes. I have met a Sudanese Historian who has assisted me in obtaining these medals and some others which I will post sometime. According to him, these Force numbers can be researched. I will use this example as an experiment and will see what I can find out. He has a private museum in Khartoum which is very interesting, if there is interest I will ask his permission to post photographs.

Regards,

Will

Fascinating news. :jumping: Need to find my way to Khartoum.

Thanks Michael,

I have "DHLed" the medals back home, will ask wife to take more photographs including the number of the recipient. He obviously took part in all the battles against the Mahdi and the Khallifa.

OH

My

Gosh! :speechless1:

Amazing. I am green with envy:green. :cheers:

That last medal especially is magnificent. That's an article waiting to happen.

What possible unit could that man have been in?

Edited by Ulsterman

Leigh,

The numbers of the arabic numerals in english are " 3343-9".

I think the 9th Sudanese Infantry is correct and also applicable in this instance. I have limited research resources with me in the Sudan but this is what I have also come up with after referring to British Battles and Medals, the 1971 fourth edition. The 9th Sudanese Infantry participated in all these engagements.