News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This poor fellow got NO German order but three from the allies: Turkish Medjidjie 3rd class, Austrian Franz Joseph knight (with or without war decoration?) and Bulgarian Military Merit Order 5th class with war decoration.

It looks as there is the Aesculapian staff on his epaulette. Also because of his three red cross decoratians (Prussian, Austrian, Turkish) it seems to be an Oberstabsarzt?

Best regards, Komtur.

That is exactly what he is!! Great photo! :jumping:

Guest Rick Research

Nope-- group shots on newsprint with heads the size of peas, generally.

Not that despite his exalted rank, there is no long service award on there. He looks too old to have been a regular, so I'd guess one of the strange (to me anyway) Landwehr types who got promoted without Actual Time Served. The Kyffh?userbund medal dates this 1923+...

and I can't figure out what that blurry medal is after the Brunswick cross!!! :banger:

• 2 weeks later...