News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello just came in today late due to HM customs opened but not damaged thank God! The EKII marked with C on ring, Hessian bravery medal marked 925 on ring +very small insription on rim of medal I can't figure a way to show this, also it hurts my eyes with magnifying glass.My question is LE MANS from Franco-Prussian war thats got to be to early for the rest ? Any comments appreciated thanks Mark

Edited by sef1962

LEMANS is "a real bar," for 1870-71... The Germans didn't make it that far again until 1940... when they marched past my great-grandfather's house towards Nantes and the Atlantic...

Is that Le Mans a real bar though?

If so, not a bad buy in and of itself.

Interesting "Seekampf" too-as if might be to a Matrozen Division member (weren't they all on the coast in Belgium?).

Has anyone a photo of a campaign bar on an EK2 Ribbon? Never have seen such, in my limited exposure... Gotta photo to prove it?! :rolleyes:

LEMANS is "a real bar," for 1870-71... The Germans didn't make it that far again until 1940... when they marched past my great-grandfather's house towards Nantes and the Atlantic...

Hmmmm; Keep it as worthless and embarrassing reminder that I got schnookered, or dismantle it and make back more than I paid for it.... Hmmmmmm :speechless::lol:

I realised this wasn't quite kosher when i got it the sum of the parts exceeds what i paid for it, the decision now is what to do with it split it up or keep it as a lesson learned ?

Apparently so! Shamefully so! :lol:

But your photo brings a more general question to mind... Why, oh why would you leave all those medals with their rings showing??? :speechless1: I know lots of collectors do as you do, but the bars were never intended to be shown that way... Why not tuck 'em in? Very, very gently and carefully...Orden-Ordnung mu? sein! :beer:

Hi,

some more bars wanted? :D

Anything goes!

Regards

Uwe

Hi cartoonman,

you can not see it, but the only medal, where I can do that without damage, is the last one.

This must be the way, the former wearer carried it.

Ordnung muss sein, aber nur da, wo es auch Sinn macht.

But, most of the people look on the beautiful bars :lol: .

Could it be that Rick is able to identify the owner :rolleyes: ? So many hints :D !

Kind regards

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Ich verstehe, wass du meinst, und ich sehe, wie die andere Orden jetzt fest gemacht sind, aber... hab' ich nie so in 'n Foto gemacht! Kann ich kaum vorstellen...! Vielleicht ist es nicht im Ganzen original....? :rolleyes:

[Trans: I know what you think and I see how the other medals are currently fastened, but... I've never seen a photo with them like that! I can hardly imagine! Perhaps it's not completely original...?]

---Not Trying To Make Trouble

Hi cartoonman,

you can not see it, but the only medal, where I can do that without damage, is the last one.

This must be the way, the former wearer carried it.

Ordnung muss sein, aber nur da, wo es auch Sinn macht.

But, most of the people look on the beautiful bars :lol: .

Could it be that Rick is able to identify the owner :rolleyes: ? So many hints :D !

Kind regards

Uwe

I don't have problems with this bar. And I think, that it was a really hard work, to complete this exceptionally bar.

And take note please, there was a period before 1933/1934 (before the "Hindenburg Cross"), in which several soldiers wore monstrous bars. Official or not official.

You can see it on several pictures from this time.

Uwe