News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Award Document for the Partisan Medal-Do you have one?

Gents,

I am researching Soviet Partisan Medals and I would like to see an award document for the first and/or second class medal. I have found some documents on the internet but none have shown up issued from Moscow. If you have one I hope that you would be able to post a picture of it here.

Regards,

Gordon

Darrell,

Thanks very much for your willingness to post these docs for me. Perhaps you will be able to help with another question. I have been looking at a partisan document from Belorussia and I would like your opinion on it. My concern is that it is #94. On the Soviet Awards page there is an almost identical document, also issued in 1968, that is numbered 1110. If they umbered them sequentially as they were issued that would be a lot to have issued in one year. Also, can you tell me what is hand written on the upper left and the lower right hand sides as viewed by you?

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

Thanks very much for your willingness to post these docs for me. Perhaps you will be able to help with another question. I have been looking at a partisan document from Belorussia and I would like your opinion on it. My concern is that it is #94. On the Soviet Awards page there is an almost identical document, also issued in 1968, that is numbered 1110. If they umbered them sequentially as they were issued that would be a lot to have issued in one year. Also, can you tell me what is hand written on the upper left and the lower right hand sides as viewed by you?

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon, the best person to ask would be Rick. Not up on these documents like him.

Thanks for everyones comments.

Ferdinand,

Don't like the medal myself. Was going to ask for better front and back shots. If the medal is a fake then the price for both would be too high. If it is good then the price would be great. I'll post pictures of the medal when they arrive. Hopefully Rick will chime in sometime soon.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Darrell

Thanks for everyones comments.

Ferdinand,

Don't like the medal myself. Was going to ask for better front and back shots. If the medal is a fake then the price for both would be too high. If it is good then the price would be great. I'll post pictures of the medal when they arrive. Hopefully Rick will chime in sometime soon.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon I do agree that the medal is bad.

Guest Rick Research

Ahhh. Gordon-- what you have is not the award document for a Partisan MEDAL, but an ex-Partisan's photo ID booklet.

Here is mine:

This is for a former Partisan Battalion Commander, so I don't know if RANK affected what FORM of ID was issued, but also White Russian SSR and 1969 (probably the year they started giving these out?)--

These are basically a form of war veteran ID for whatever concrete perks this gained them.

Yours has been issued by a local party committee whose stamp I can't make out to Vladimir Mitrofanovich Zaiko for having served as a partisan (unspecified) 23 April to 19 October 1943.

Mine-- and whether the Partisan Medal ribbon in the DESIGN means anything or not, I don't know, since I've never seen another-- is for Vladimir Arsen'evich Sergeev, who served 12 June 1942 to 1 July 1944 as commander of Partisan Battalion 113 in the Mogilev Operational Group.

Perhaps the size of ID is a visual indication of whose chops were biggest? OR... yours was a local additional ID for some reason and he was 94th in THAT district. Certainly the serial number on mine makes NO sense interpreted as there being that many LIVING Partisans being issued ID books either. Show the COVER on yours and that should reveal the issuing authority level, since mine was at the Union Republic level.

Rick,

Thanks for your input. I was following a thread on books like these on the Soviet Awards Page and it got so confusing that after a while I wasn't sure what they were trying to say. At one point someone did mention that a green book like yours only indicated the bearer had served as a partisan and not that he had actually received a medal. Then they got into fake temporary medal award documents versus real ones and I gave up at that point. Thanks to you and Darrell I now know what document is what. Nice to have some straight logical thinking!

At one point there was mention on the Soviet Awards Page Forum that the red line on the green book indicated it was partisan related. Looking at the green and small red book like I posted, it didn't make any sense that they were for the award of the medal as there was no indication of what class on the documents. The ones Darrell posted clearly indicate the award of a first or second class medal. I can now concentrate on acquiring award documents and forget about bidding on the booklet and medal that I posted.

It has been an interesting research project with rather more rapid results than I had suspected. My thanks to all who participated.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Rick,

I can not post a picture of the cover of the document I posted a picture of because I do not own it. I was trying to gain info on it before bidding on it in an auction. You mentioned that you could not make out the stamp on the document I posted. That is exactly the reason that I am questioning this document.

The auction did not include a picture of the cover. Here is a pictures of the cover of what appears to be the same document IE written in Belorussian on the left and Russian on the right. This foto was posted on a thread on Partisan documents on the Soviet Awards Page Forum. I'll post a picture of a document the same as yours from the same source later in the thread. There is one for sale at Collect Russia.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

I was lucky yesterday in my research that I was able to gather pictures of a number of different partisan documents together that I think will add substantially to this thread. Primarily from different threads on the Soviet Awards Page Forum but not all in the same thread. I think we will benefit if they are all put together in one place.

I'll start with what are indetified as a temporary award documents for the first and second class medals. Like Darrell's documents, the award class is clearly indicated on the document.

And last, but not least, a temporary award document that was identified as a fake. Apparaently, a considerable number of these documenst came out of the Ukraine 5 years ago. Probably original blank documents filled in and sold as originals.

Edited by Gordon Craig