News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

War Museum in Belgrade

Sorry for my absence on the forum. I was away from home for 4 months. I've seen it's pretty quiet on this sub-forum so I decided to create a new topic on the War museum in Belgrade. I was last November in Serbia and I went to their national war museum. I have to admit that I was a lot disapointed when I saw that the 2nd floor was closed to the public. The 2nd floor is the place where the exhibitions on the 2nd World War are located. Because I'm a bad boy, I decided to sneak and see a bit of it. :rolleyes:

Actually I had no need to do that, because one of my contact could have arrange a special visit for me, but I didn't stay a long time enough in Belgrade to visit the closed exhibitions.

Anyway here are very few pictures of what might interest you.

Something a bit scary. It looks like they don't take care at all of the medals in the display. I could see dead flies lying near the medals. :(

That's it, I do not have more pictures from the WWII collection. As I said the floor was closed, so maybe one day it's going to be open for the public.

Shield of Yugoslavia

In the autumn of 1948, the preparations for the standardization of the symbols of the Democratic Federative Yugoslavia began. Along with the flag, coat of arms, etc., it was decided that a shield would bi created to symbolize the communal struggle of the Yugoslav peoples against fascism, presenting the force tat would always protect the country against any threat. The task is given to Antun Augustinčić, one of the best sculptors of the post-war Yugoslavia. It was later decided that the symbols that was going to protect Yugoslavia in the best way was Tito, so that the shield was finally made as a single specimen. And miniature of the shield is use for the Marshal badge.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

An American tank was on display outside outside a museum in Banj Luka, Republika Srpska about 10 years ago, it may still be there.

The exhibits had been removed (to Belgrade I was told) a few years before, but a black painted tank, I think it was a Stuart, still sat ignored by all & slowly deteriorating outside. Presumably it was'nt practical to move such a large & heavy exhbit to Belgrade.

I may have photos of it somewhere.