News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star

A type II, variation vii, hopefully a good one (my first purchase) has worn out obverse side (not sure if natural or otherwise?), s/n not found either in the soviet-screwbacks.com or soviet-ordersforum. S/N is 776,898 (award batch range of 10/8/44 - according to Rick's list). Feedback on originality & info of s/n are so much appreciated. (PS: if larger/high-res.photos needed, will oblige later, must get chow NOW...) Some photos below:

Edited by sdesember

I agree, the reverse does look a little strange. I don't actually have an ORS of this variation to compare, but below is a picture from Soviet-screwbacks.com. The serial number is not in the same style.

Do agree the seven in particular is not the same. I'd have thought they would all be the same (?) considering issued from the same year-awarding batch (?). The Monetny Dvor mint marking also is not as defined as the RedMaestro's example. Although, compared to the example here (http://www.soviet-awards.com/digest/redstar/RedStar3.htm), Figure 10, the mint markings, they look the same. Should I start panicking now...perhaps?180_animated_sweating_face.gif

09032009220.jpg

Edited by sdesember

I can't see the last four pictures. If you want, you can upload them here on GMIC so you won't have to worry about expiring links and the like.

ok, I was linking the images to my google's Picasa urls which obviously now expired...terribly sorry for the mess guys. Would not mind if the mod re-insert the following links to replace the above missing photos (post # 8, hopefully now they will show):

CCCP.jpg

inscription.jpg

inscription-1.jpg

Soldier.jpg

Edited by sdesember

I'm on a tiny cell phone comparing the sevens & the eights, they look similar, don't they? Something 'bout the metal alloy of this batch that is softer and thus easily worn out than the other batches. Many thanks to Bill Garvy for posting your speciman, much appreciated!