News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

hello

bar is on the way !!!it seems like an awesome bar !!!! What do you think a medical officier ??? or would it be a noncombat ek 2 on war ribbon for some sort of hazardous duty on the home front???? say ammo dump or something??? the # on the two lippe noncombats must be low ? anyone have the #s ????

can't wait to get it !!!! :cheers:

hello

bar is on the way !!!it seems like an awesome bar !!!! What do you think a medical officier ??? or would it be a noncombat ek 2 on war ribbon for some sort of hazardous duty on the home front???? say ammo dump or something??? the # on the two lippe noncombats must be low ? anyone have the #s ????

can't wait to get it !!!! :cheers:

Chris would be the one to ask about the potential of the EK ribbon and assigned duties. That is one great bar! I love the non combattant. I have not seen more than a couple Lippe NC bars. Congrats!

Really a nice and quite rare combination...nice purchase.

The war merit cross Lippe-Detmold was awarded about 1117 times on a non-combatant ("white") ribbon.

For the Schaumburg-cross, I don?t have the figures.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

There are no ROLLS for either of these Lippe Crosses. What there are, are the individual personalized RECEIPTS which recipients had to return when they got one.

My late friend Neal O'Connor had Schaumburg's microfiche xeroxed but the quality was SO bad (I've got the pinback crosses' pages and nothing else)-- I assume he simply threw it all away-- after a cost then equivalent to round trip U.S.-Europe air fare.

So some LIPPE Research Gnome--SOMEDAY-- will have to get in there and type the ORIGINALS out by hand, one at a time.

At least the records are THERE, and the Lippe archivists are jewels beyond price.

Found some info on #s awarded do these #s seem correct

Lippe-detmold War cross on noncombat ribbon 1116

Shamburg-lippe Cross for loyal service on noncombat ribbon 281

I did not think it was that low of numbers but more in the 1000- 2000 range???

so i am glad to get this bar :jumping:

So some LIPPE Research Gnome--SOMEDAY-- will have to get in there and type the ORIGINALS out by hand, one at a time.

Oooooh :speechless1:

I?ve still more than 30 years, before pension (from work)...or I have to change my job and I should become a professional "Gnome" :ninja:

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

"I did not think it was that low of numbers"

The Lippes are VERY small.

Additionally, since their ruilers HATED each other as a result of a legal dispute over inheritance that tied up over a decade of court costs and bad blood between the branches of the family, to find BOTH on one bar is even MORE unusual.

If and when the receipts are made into a nice printed alphabetical roll, cross-indexed Detmold awards to Schaumburgers and Schaumburg awards to Detmolders as Daniel and I do with our upcoming Rolls books, the number who got BOTH of these will be microscopic...

DEDUCTING (further) anyone who had a medal bar grade pre-war award from either Lippe...

Award Rolls to be published 2009. :catjava:

THEN there shall be weeping and lamentations at missed opportunities and failure to collect Lippes B.P.R. (Before Published Rolls). :ninja:

Rick i got the #s from david danner site. and a few other sorces not sure if they are correct?

but figure they may be close to correct ! In my mind i got a great little bar even thought it may not be ided or that it has no big orders ! i think its a rare bar in its own sense ! :cheers:

Edited by scottplen