News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a rather large, 25+mm lapel bow with the Saxe-Coburg Carl Eduard medal and the Ernestiner. Backside is very cheap, just a safety pin.

The last ribbon is a light blue, from the combination I would say maybe rather a Württemberg Friedrich than a Pr. Crown Order. What do you think?

File3448.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

:love: Well that just doubled the number I've ever seen too!

I've never seen a lapel bow with 25mm ribbons before-- it must be magnificent!!! :jumping:

I'd agree-- that looks like a "pure wartime" 1920s 4 and so probably a WF3bX. I suppose not Xs were placed on the EK ribbon so it would not look like an HHOX.

Interesting with the 2 Saxon ribbons reversed in precedence on each of these bows. One from each Duchy would be my guess.

Could well be! I also agree with the swords just being left out. So probably a junior officer who somehow - as aD - felt the need for such an impressing civilian dress thing. But I didn't know that 25mm lapel bows are that scarce. I will post a pic later with a bar next to it for comparison.

Nice one, John!

:jumping:

That Oldenburg bar is pretty nice too!! ;>)

Thanks! I got this one from an estate sale and was told that it belonged to an army officer from Altenburg with the name Johannes Reinhold. I never found any trace of him, however. Probably an invisible 1914 volunteer, but he was neither in IR96 nor in IR153.

This is a rather large, 25+mm lapel bow with the Saxe-Coburg Carl Eduard medal and the Ernestiner. Backside is very cheap, just a safety pin.

The last ribbon is a light blue, from the combination I would say maybe rather a W?rttemberg Friedrich than a Pr. Crown Order. What do you think?

By Ernestiner do you mean this?

Thanks

Don