News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yet another photo which was advertised as Feldgendarmerie (and indeed there is a Feldgendarm present), but much more interesting however, and infinitely rarer to find where photographic evidence is concerned is the MKP NCO standing next to him.

I've been looking for MKP photos for ages, for a forthcoming book on military police formations, and had just about given up on finding any.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of photos I've ever seen with the MKP Gorget beeing worn, not only is there one here, but note the unorthodox position, under the breast eagle on the right breast, not centred on the chest.

Note that this is after the change from Wasserschutzpolizei uniforms to Kriegsmarine uniform. The NCO wears both the standard KM breast eagle and the Polizei sleeve eagle. No Marinek?stenpolizei cuffband however.

So far the only evidence of either the cuffband or gorget being worn that I have found has been on the Kriegsmarine rather than Wasserschutzpolizei uniform. But evidence of either is incredibly rare.

Once again, good old EBay.

• 5 weeks later...

Yet another photo which was advertised as Feldgendarmerie (and indeed there is a Feldgendarm present), but much more interesting however, and infinitely rarer to find where photographic evidence is concerned is the MKP NCO standing next to him.

I've been looking for MKP photos for ages, for a forthcoming book on military police formations, and had just about given up on finding any.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of photos I've ever seen with the MKP Gorget beeing worn, not only is there one here, but note the unorthodox position, under the breast eagle on the right breast, not centred on the chest.

Note that this is after the change from Wasserschutzpolizei uniforms to Kriegsmarine uniform. The NCO wears both the standard KM breast eagle and the Polizei sleeve eagle. No Marinek?stenpolizei cuffband however.

So far the only evidence of either the cuffband or gorget being worn that I have found has been on the Kriegsmarine rather than Wasserschutzpolizei uniform. But evidence of either is incredibly rare.

Once again, good old EBay.

Hello!

Gordon

Amazing Photo. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 5 months later...

Some more rare MKP shots arrived today.

Firstly, this guy though incorrectly captioned as Wasserschutzpolizei by the seller, is actually an MKP NCO.

Interesting mixed uniform. The sleeve ring is NOT for a naval officer but for a Wasserschutzpolizei NCO. The original WSP uniform has been militarised by the addition of the Kriegsmarine breast eagle, and the addition of the Kriegsmarine NCO visor cap.

Exceptionally rare shot, picked up very cheap on EBay.

And here in full naval uniform with two MKP colleagues who are still in mixed WSP/Naval dress. Note the SS runes on the guy at left !

INteresting also that the two other guys are wearing Kriegsmarine NCO caps with Police insignia, NOT WSP caps. (large floppy brims, KM leather chinstraps etc)

And here in full naval uniform with two MKP colleagues who are still in mixed WSP/Naval dress. Note the SS runes on the guy at left !

INteresting also that the two other guys are wearing Kriegsmarine NCO caps with Police insignia, NOT WSP caps. (large floppy brims, KM leather chinstraps etc)

Hello!

Gordon

Very interesting SS runes on the left. :jumping: :jumping:

All the best

Nesredep.

Hello!

Gordon

Is the guy with SS runes a full member of SS??

All the best

Nesredep.

• 5 years later...