News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I?m searching for biographical informations about Dr. Joseph Ambros.

What I have is:

1862 born in Pfullendorf

6.2.1895 medical examination in Munich

7.3.1895 Approbation for the Deutsches Reich

9.12.1896 Promotion University Erlangen about ?Morphogenie des h?utigen Labyrinthes von Triton taeniatus und alpestris? with ?Summa cum laude?

12.4.1900 Patent Oberarzt der Reserve der kgl. Bayrischen Armee

25.4.1902 Regierungsjubil?umsmedaille Baden

ranklist 6.5.1904: Oberarzt bei der Ostasiatischen fahrenden Batterie (Tientsin)

14.6.1904 Patent Stabsarzt der kgl. Preu?ischen Armee (1. Ostfries. IR)

21.9.1905 Patent Stabsarzt der Schutztruppen (before 5. Badischen IR Nr. 113)

ranklist 6.5. 1906: Stabsarzt Stab des Etappenkommandos S?d Schutztruppe f?r SWA

1.7.1907 DSWA-Denkm?nze

8.8.1907 RAO4Xw

9.4.1908 Z?L? Ritter 2. Klasse mit EL und X

28.11.1908 St.Annen-Orden 3. Klasse mit X

ranklists 6.5.1909, 1.5.1911: Stabsarzt 3. Rheinischen IR Nr. 29 (Trier)

Ehren-RL 1914-1918: wiederverwendeter inaktiver Sanit?tsoffizier (IR 29) Res.Laz.

1920 died in Munich

Best regards,

Komtur

@ pegasus

I did not get the St. Anne 3rd class with swords :angry:

@ scottplen

There were about 280 awards of RAO4Xw (259 - number of Eric Ludvigsen, 280 - number of Werner Nickel)

Best regards, Komtur.

Outstanding group and nice to see a member here ended up with this. This was one of the nicest little groups that have popped out of the woodwork in years.... Congratulations. Unfortunately, while replaceable, the St. Anne 3. kl. mX will be a very expensive item to replace.....

I find NOTHING for him 1914-18.

No awards for WW1 but in "Ehren-Rangliste des ehemaligen Deutschen Heeres" page 1041 as wiederverwendeter inaktiver Sanit?tsoffizier in Res.Laz. (in contrast to the other no name of the Reserve-Lazarett :( ) ???

12.4.1900 Patent Oberarzt der Reserve der Kgl. Bayrischen Armee

14.6.1904 Patent Stabsarzt der Kgl. Preu?ischen Armee :wacky:

What happend in between? Isn?t it quite odd to change from Bavarien to Prussian Army and from Reserve to active duty?

St.Anne awarded 28.11.1908 "zur Anerkennung Ihrer vorz?glich bewiesenen Dienste bei der Pflege der Verwundeten und Kranken w?hrend des Krieges mit Japan" - so late? :unsure:

All these dates are without doubt because of the documents I have in original or copy and there is also no doubt of the originality of the bar.

Regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

Not only did he transform from a Bavarian to a Prussian.. he became (at least briefly) a BADENER in between. :speechless1:

1902: Oberarzt (regular) 18.01.01 A in 2. Ostasiatisches Infanterie Regiment-- and yet-- NO CHINA MEDAL!!!! :speechless1:

Why should he get the china-medal???

Excerpt from Milit?rwochenblatt 1901 Band II Seite 2071:

"Berlin, den 5. September 1901

Von den Begleitkommandos der Abl?sungsmannschaften f?r die Ostasiatische Besatzungsbrigade aus dem Heere ausgeschieden und gleichzeitig in der Ostasiat. Besatzungs- Brig angestellt:

Dr. Ambros, Oberarzt beim 3. bad. Dragoner Regt. Prinz Karl Nr. 22, beim 2. Ostasiat. Inf. Regt."

As I know received only those "Ostasiaten" the china-medal who were in China from 30. May 1900 till 29. June 1901

So Dr Ambros wasn?t legitimated for the china-medal.

@Komtur

Great estate!!!!

Best wishes

Karsten

Guest Rick Research

Ah great! My 1901 Rank List is away being scanned so I didn't know where he was that year! :cheers:

Next: so if he left for CHINA at the end of 1901... why did the recently-Bavarian-turned-Prussian get the 1902 BADEN jubilee in China? :catjava: :speechless1:

why did the recently-Bavarian-turned-Prussian get the 1902 BADEN jubilee in China? :catjava::speechless1:

I don't know how that was with China... was he at the same time "Oberarzt beim 3. bad. Dragoner Regt. Prinz Karl Nr. 22" and "beim 2. Ostasiat. Inf. Regt."? If so, he was in a Baden unit. That qualifies him for 1902 medal. If he wasn't - might he have been a Baden native? Pfullendorf is in Baden, and any Baden native officer qualifies, too - no matter where he actually is at the moment...

:rolleyes:

Edited by saschaw

... might he have been a Baden native? Pfullendorf is in Baden, and any Baden native officer qualifies, too - no matter where he actually is at the moment...

That makes sense - for the Z?hringer Lion in 1908, when he was in DSWA too!

Thanks Rick, Karsten and Sascha for the additional thoughts.

Regards, Komtur.

Took some hours but I hope these excerpts can solve your questions.

The first one shows the promotion to "Oberarzt der Reserve" Page 931 Milit?rwochenblatt 1900 Band I

the second one shows the transfer to the prussians Page 2762 Milit?rwochenblatt 1900 Band II

and the last one shows his appointment to the "3. Bad. Drag. Regt. Prinz Karl Nr. 22" Page 152 Milit?rwochenblatt 1901 Band I

All the best

Karsten

And some more informations from "Deutsches Kolonialblatt Jahrgang 1907"

Unfortunately no pics, because their pixels are to high for posting them :unsure:

On the 13rd April 1907 reached Cuxhaven....

...Die Stabs?rzte Dr. Berger and Dr. Ambros...

and

den Roten Adler Orden 4. Klasse mit Schwertern am wei?en Band mit schwarzer Einfassung

1) ...

2) ...

3) dem Stabsarzt Dr. Ambros im Stabe des Etappenkommandos S?d

All the best

Karsten