News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czech Red Banner of Labor Set

• 1 month later...

hello, what is the s/n of this piece? I don't have any of these "big" diplomas; is the s/n indicated on any part of this diploma, or does it come with the traditionnal small diploma bearing the s/n?

<!--quoteo(post=357619:date=Jul 24 2009, 23:46 :name=seb16trs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seb16trs @ Jul 24 2009, 23:46 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hello, what is the s/n of this piece? I don't have any of these "big" diplomas; is the s/n indicated on any part of this diploma, or does it come with the traditionnal small diploma bearing the s/n?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Order's number is entered only in a small 'witness' booklet.

On the diploma the rewarding number is not written.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmmmm...slippery slope I think......

Is there a book or website that details Czech Communist era awards at all?

hello Ulsterman, please what do you mean?

The sets I've seen with the two diplomas seem to be the rarest and most expensive. I believe Czech collectors don't let go them easily.

• 5 weeks later...

hi,i am just new on this forum,collect medals since the mid 80s with some ups and downs but always have had intrest in eastblock medals esp czech 1948 - 1989,i do have a book on czech medals in stock any intrest in it??

sovetska a ceskoslovenska vyznamenani soviet and czechoslovakian awards printed in 1974 by magnet press(they made more medal books visit the empty building a few years ago & hope to find some books building is still empty and still for sale) was sold in the vojenske muzeum in prague during the medalshow of ussr/cssr medals 144 pages good condition in czech text of course but with lots of photos even for those who dont understand czech.

There is a mixed system on czech medals you have the state medals like orders of the red banner and any ww II medal like partizans star,but the police,fire brigade,kraj(states ) do have there own medals also and to made it nicer to the collectors also in slovakian and czech text.

I mean a book all about ALL Czech medals and awards during the Communist era-similar to the one Charles has just brought out about Hungarian medals.

sorry to say but there is no bible on cssr/csfr medals,but all the state medals are printed in the next books

Vladivoj Pulec - Československá státní vyznamenání, státní čestná uznání a ceny 1980 out of print

Ludvik Sukenik/Vlastislav Novotny

Československá vyznamenání 1918 - 1948 1997out of print

Československé a české řády a vyznamenani 1948 - 1992/93 nice also the split up period between the czech and slovakian rep. out of print

Of course let us not forget the part 1- 7 booklets by the famous Vaclav August Mericka here we can find severall non state awards esp the parizans booklet and severall of his articles in the ceska spolecnost pratel drobne plastiky

Ján Marcinko, Alexander Jiroulek - Slovenské rady, vyznamenania a čestné odznaky 2002 out of print more on slovakian current medals but also some info on cssr/csfr period.

If you ever visit the former slovakian state mint in kremnicia 2/3 hours trip from bratislava the have this book for sale in there shop

I still find new unofficial medals in the czech rep during my trips,esp the kraj region medals do have my intrest dont cost much but in a few years also gone.

• 3 years later...

I am embarrassed to say I don't remember. My Great-Grandmother was in some mountains, I have a painting hanging behind me, but I don't know the name of them. This was my Mom's Dad's family. her Mom's family was from Lithuania, we still have much family in Vilnius.

• 2 weeks later...

My Great Grandparents were both from Tszair (Tzair), they met on the boat on the way over. This was close to Poprad (??). Now my Mom is combing through old stuff trying to glean more details!