News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Test for The Research Cyborg Collective

What about Dr. Heim? I think he could match!

He is the only one who was in China (as Assistenzarzt) and in German Southwestafrica (as Oberarzt) and received both decorations (the prussian KO4X and the bay. MVO4X) in 1906!!

All the best

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein

What about Dr. Heim? I think he could match!

He is the only one who was in China (as Assistenzarzt) and in German Southwestafrica (as Oberarzt) and received both decorations (the prussian KO4X and the bay. MVO4X) in 1906!!

All the best

Karsten

:beer:

Come to know Dr. Johann Heim:

Guest Rick Research

:cheers:

Could also have been Oberstabsarzt aD Dr. Franz Müller. His KO4Xw was changed into a "black white" later.

Is there anything with a name?

I'm under tornado warning with Hurricane Bill due tomorrow. Have fun if I'm not around for a few days!

:cheers:

Could also have been Oberstabsarzt aD Dr. Franz Müller. His KO4Xw was changed into a "black white" later.

Is there anything with a name?

I'm under tornado warning with Hurricane Bill due tomorrow. Have fun if I'm not around for a few days!

Yes, as I was told by Daniel too, Müller is also a possibility. Would like that, because of that changed ribbon.

The name of Heim came from the dealer, until now without anything written, but I hope to get some papers directly from the family.

Good luck for tomorrow :speechless1: Hope you´ll be back soon!

Guest Rick Research

Well, the ocean will not get me, so I only have to worry about the wind. :unsure:

It can ONLY be one of these two, and I am sure it has to be Heim because Müller didn't get his ribbon changed until later-- and there it is "black white" on the medal bar before the SWA Medal was awarded.

Gents,

I am not certan that there was only one person to whom that chain might have belonged. There are two infantry captains, Wilhelm Reuß (18. IR) and Julius Rohe (5. IR), who had the same combination in 1914. They both, unlike Dr. Hans Heim z.D., also had the 24 year long service cross. Both survived the war as well.

What is the third medal from the left????

Andy

I have checked all of the above names in the Bayern Militar-Handbuch and all of them have the China and SWA combattant medal. However, unless my eyes are really bad, I see a China medal in steel which is for NON-combattants. If this is correct then none of the above names can fit. Am I missing something?

... However, unless my eyes are really bad, I see a China medal in steel which is for NON-combattants. ...

I am sure your eyes are properly working. On the mini chain the colour of the china medal, the crown order, the Tirolean medal and the long service cross is kind of indifferent between gold and silver. They all should be golden or bronze, so it seems to be only a question of the for the minis used alloy. On the other hand the china medal on the photo portrait is compared to the other decorations very dark, so it seems to be the combattant version.

Kind regards, Komtur.

Great group and if it came with - even unproven - name Heim, it is quite obvious his, I think.

However, unless my eyes are really bad, I see a China medal in steel which is for NON-combattants.

China in steel would be wrong for ANYONE who was THERE, and it has to be bronze from another reason: the reverse motto is "Den Siegreichen Streitern".

Guest Rick Research

I agree with Andy that the minis chain--alone--would be problematic (as are ALL mini chains) BUT this came with the photos shown as attribution. From the 4medal bar being worn with KO4X on "black white" ribbon before the SWA campaign medal was received, has to be Heim since he didn't have to petition to change the ribbon years later.

We could have identified him from the photos with no minis chain, but we couldn't have identified the minis chain with no photos.

Guest Rick Research

Thanks to Glenn's discovery of the MIRACULOUS 1939 Stammliste of KB FAR 2--

Dr Heim was zD but called back for the war and "re-regularized," promoted, and with his accumulated war service years, qualified for the DK2 (XXIV)--

All this from less than a year and a half in FAR 2 before the war. The mystery of the Tirol Medal is also explained. :cheers:

Thanks to Glenn's discovery of the MIRACULOUS 1939 Stammliste of KB FAR 2--

Aaaahhhh, Ohhhhh :beer:

Thanks for giving all the biographical data with one strike!

BTW, all the stuff came from Kempten :whistle: