News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi All!

I just received this badge as part of a group. Badges are outside my realm of comfort, as I am mostly a uniform/helmet guy. This pilots badge looks like it has all the characteristics of a Junker badge.

The badge was vetted by two other collectors, but I would like to get more info and opinions here if possible. This is a subject I know nothing about.

Thanks guys!

Hi,nice looking badge,not a Juncker though .I would say it was from the outlet that marked their badges with a small square symbol on reverse (but not always).Maker is not known at present. Silver two piece ? I would guess it is post war piece (1920's). Ferg1.

I would say it was from the outlet that marked their badges with a small square symbol on reverse (but not always).Maker is not known at present.

The square marked EKs, very likely by the same maker, are believed to be from the same maker as the "CD 800" crosses. And this "CD" is said to be Carl Dillenius, Pforzheim.

From his EK1 we can conclude that the "CD" mark is found on issue versions while the square amrked crosses are vaultet, private purchased ones. The same might be correct for the aviator badges. There are no "CD" aviator badges know, are they?

Thanks a ton guys! This is one of the pieces I never thought I would own, let alone have attached to an orignal tunic (photos to follow later today :) ) I appreciate all the information.

Is there a definitive (for the current information) reference on the makers/badges of the German Air Service for both private and issue pieces. I know the air service badges are heavily faked, and it takes a while to get comfortable with them. I am grabbing all references on WWI Wings I can find, and any information on German (or Austrian for that matter) references would be great!

There's a number of these kicking about. They have a distinct pin/hinge assembly that's (thus far) unique to this manufacturer. Both Prussian Pilots and Observers have been found. many bear the 800 silver mark. Some bear that mark plus additional ones elsewhere on the piece, including on little silver plates affixed into the hinge well.

Nice original badge.