News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yet another NKVD Badge

Run away, real fast. The badge is not up to the high standards of real badges. The edges should fit better and the nut/reverse looks like crap. The document is equally bogus - I've seen stacks of these booklets in Kiev. These are also discussed in length on another forum - PM and I can send you the web address.

I agree!

The badge seems to be missing the S/N and it's not up to par. Especially the enamel.

The book looks like it was made last nigh on artificially aged paper.

Russians used cheap paper and almost everything in that book should look old and faded. The stamp is way to new looking. The beria signature is in pink? Ha?

Rusty.

I find these "State Security Badges" fascinating. The intricacy of construction and the enamel work is right up there with what I know and love in Imperial german quality. This is a real minefield and I am trying very hard to learn as much as I can and really appreciate all your help and patience with my (seemingly) endless questions!

I'd buy the one Igor has, but the damages to his put me off. I don't mind the price and trust him to know his stuff pretty cold. My thing is if I'm going to own one of these, I want the condition to be the absolute best I can find.

Like I said, the guy in the photo looks a little too happy to be NKVD ;>)

The badge is tougher for me to gauge as there's so little available to me to reference it against. Thanks much guys! Run away, I shall!

The nice thing about these fake docs is that they leave the space for the serial number blank.

That way you can add the number of your (fake) badge to match, pretty cool :cheeky::rolleyes:

Jan

Edited by vatjan

I find these "State Security Badges" fascinating. The intricacy of construction and the enamel work is right up there with what I know and love in Imperial german quality. This is a real minefield and I am trying very hard to learn as much as I can and really appreciate all your help and patience with my (seemingly) endless questions!

I'd buy the one Igor has, but the damages to his put me off. I don't mind the price and trust him to know his stuff pretty cold. My thing is if I'm going to own one of these, I want the condition to be the absolute best I can find.

Like I said, the guy in the photo looks a little too happy to be NKVD ;>)

The badge is tougher for me to gauge as there's so little available to me to reference it against. Thanks much guys! Run away, I shall!

Here is a website for you to view KGB/NKVD badges. It loads pretty slow but well worth the time. Will give you an idea of what the badges and documents should look like.

http://nkvdcollect.narod.ru/photoalbum1.html

I would highly suggest getting items like these from reputable dealers!

I looked at the one Rick mentioned and that badge is priced according to the damage!

If the enamel behind the sword was not missing I would recommend getting it but in this condition it's very hard selling one of these!

Rusty.